Enable onboard video m4a89gtd pro/usb3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostrevel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hello, I have the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 mother board and now have an ATI Radeon HD 5800 installed as well. The problem is I only have VGA monitors (2 of them) I am able to get one working using a DVI-VGA adapter, however the ATI Radeon HD 5800 only has one DVI port. And using a HDMI>DVI>VGA (2 adapters) fails. So I wanna be able to use my onboard grafix and my PCI GPU. Is this possible?

lostrevel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

Please note Ia m running Win7 64bit, and I had a 9800GT (Nvidia) before, which I was able to hook up both monitors via DVI adapters as the card had 2 DVI ports. The problem is some of the apps were on the OTHER screen, and now I cannot access them till I get the screen up and running. The Switch card is in place but I do not know how to enble the onboard graphics
while having a video card in the system as well.

lostrevel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Ok, fixed the issue.

For anyone who wants to know how its done,

In the Bios, Under Tweaking, set Internal Graphics mode to either UMA, Sideport or UMA+Sideport, when you do this the option for Surround View will show up under Advanced > Chipset Config >890GX config > Internal Graphics Config. Chose "Enabled" as the option for Surround View as leaving it on Auto will only allow the primary display to work. Also make sure that the PCI is the primary Controller (PCI-GFX0-GPP-IGFX)

The only issue is I could not use the Overclocking ability of the Core Unlocker and had to load some default settings. But I got it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS