CPU and System temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you mean OSD (On Screen) during games, that doesn't exist, as far as I'm aware. If you need to know what the temps are during gaming, just set HWMonitor to log your temps while you're gaming.

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012

Oo ok thank you :)

randomkid

Distinguished

The AIDA64 (previously Everest ) is good. It has real time tracking & charting and have good GUI.
http://www.aida64.com/news/finalwire-launches-aida64-v250
But its not free. If you want freeware, HWMonitor it is then.

But if you want to monitor while game, you must have a 2nd monitor which will function as you monitoring display while you are gaming at the other. Or game in windowed mode which is not good anyway.

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

Speedfan is a good overall utility that controls fan speeds (hence the name of the software) monitor temps, SMART monitoring for HDDs, CPU usage, and many other things among those I mentioned.

SpeedFan is also wrong on CPU temp more times than not on newer gen Intel CPU's on certain mobo's (like mine. It detects the wrong sensor as the CPU sensor). It tells me my CPU temp is 82C at idle, when it's really 30C (cores 28-31C). I NEVER recommend SpeedFan, for that reason because it can cause unnecessary concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.