Closing unused expansion slot in Cabinet?

coolguy80

Honorable
May 6, 2012
I bought a Coolermaster Elite 431 plus Cabinet two days back. I have a 3 year old C2D system with a Geforce 7300GT PCI-e card. I am planning to upgrade to a AMD Fusion system some months afterwards(upgrade step-by-step ;) )

For the time being, I want to move the C2D system,Mobo+GFX card to new cabinet and a new PSU already bought(Seasonic S12 II 520W).

Since, GFX card will be installed, I will have to remove expansion slot "slit plate"(is it what you call it?) backside of the cabinet.→ →
2vjzu4p.jpg

But, later when I upgrade to AMD based system and perhaps a new pci-e gfx card, I think the old "slit plate" may not be used remaining open. Is there a way to close the open expansion slot "slit plate".

Thanks in Advance.

On that case it is hanging on metal taps that you brake when you take it out, common with budget cases. Some other cases actually have removable plates that can be re installed. If you can find one of those you can put it over the opening and fasten it like an expansion card. A bracket of an old obsolete expansion card could be used the same way.

randomkid

Distinguished

Just save the cover plate & when time comes to put it back, you can use simple but strongly adhesive transparent tape to hold it in place.

coolguy80

Honorable
May 6, 2012

That's what I am thinking of doing. someone suggested medical use adhesive plaster can be also considered! :pt1cable: