Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Motherboard or SSD fail?

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2012 3:43:29 PM

Hello there!
Recently im getting some blue screens out of the blue, and when i turn the pc back on my ssd is not connected to the motherboard. So i tryed to take the power out and inn again, and it worked (untill it fails again next day). Is this a motherboard problem, or is it just the ssd itself? the computer is about 4-5 months old. At the start i thought it was my cpu cause off the overclocking i have done (5 Ghz at 1.45 vcore), but the same thing happend after taking it back to stuck settings.

System:
Psu:750W
Gpu:2x GTX 560 ti
Cpu:2600k
Motherboard: asus P8Z68-V
SSD: Kingson HyperX 120gb
Ram:8 Gb corsair vengeance 1866

Would be great with some help here :) 

More about : motherboard ssd fail

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
February 13, 2012 7:58:29 PM

maldik said:
Hello there!
Recently im getting some blue screens out of the blue, and when i turn the pc back on my ssd is not connected to the motherboard. So i tryed to take the power out and inn again, and it worked (untill it fails again next day). Is this a motherboard problem, or is it just the ssd itself? the computer is about 4-5 months old. At the start i thought it was my cpu cause off the overclocking i have done (5 Ghz at 1.45 vcore), but the same thing happend after taking it back to stuck settings.

System:
Psu:750W
Gpu:2x GTX 560 ti
Cpu:2600k
Motherboard: asus P8Z68-V
SSD: Kingson HyperX 120gb
Ram:8 Gb corsair vengeance 1866

Would be great with some help here :) 

I would contact Kingston tech and ask if they have tools or suggestions to check the SSD. The SSD suppliers have a lot of challenges. There could be an update for the SSD or it could be failing. I would suggest taking that tact as a beginning. Crucial. Intel and Samsung appear to have fewer issues atm.
February 23, 2012 12:15:33 PM

Best answer selected by maldik.
a b V Motherboard
February 23, 2012 3:51:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!