Sign in with
Your question

Mac help please.

Last response: in CPUs
May 31, 2012 12:17:04 AM

Hello, My mac has recently been acting very strange and slow. I have a macbook pro 2010 and it is being really weird. My fans are constantly running and my cpu is or 200%. all the cpu is being used by Kernel_task. Please help me!

More about : mac

a b à CPUs
May 31, 2012 1:20:21 AM

Hi :) 

Virus or malware ?

What protection have you got ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
May 31, 2012 1:32:00 AM

I thought it was that at first, but i reset my computer to factory settings with the disk and it didnt help
m
l
Related resources
a c 149 à CPUs
May 31, 2012 1:32:17 AM

If it just started it's probably a computer virus or a trojan, backdoor trojan or rootkit.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 31, 2012 1:44:23 AM

JustinG said:
I thought it was that at first, but i reset my computer to factory settings with the disk and it didnt help

Hi :) 

Resetting will NOT get rid of a virus....

Answer my question...WHAT Antivirus have you got ???

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
May 31, 2012 2:00:53 AM

I dont have an anti virus, i didnt think i needed one for mac
m
l
a c 149 à CPUs
May 31, 2012 2:26:34 AM

The garbage that Apple can't get a computer virus is a load of...garbage. It can get a virus just like a computer with Windows or Linux. Maybe there aren't as many viruses written for Mac OS but they're still out there and it only takes one to screw up your computer. It's still a good idea to have an anti virus program running. I would download Avast for Mac and run a quick and Full scan. Here is the link, make sure you download the FOR MAC version.

http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-mac
m
l
May 31, 2012 3:28:38 AM

i downloaded the program and scaned my computer. THis is the warning it came up with

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MKDrivers.bundle/Contents/Resources/bootroot.loader

m
l
a c 149 à CPUs
May 31, 2012 4:38:54 AM

So did it abort the scan? Did this message come up as a general software message or as a threat ( usually in red letters with a warning that a threat was found?)
m
l
May 31, 2012 8:00:42 PM

The scan continued as normal, and i researched about it, its apearantly a software file that comes on the computer
m
l
!