Closed Solved

Good SSD for a new build?

I know people here probably watch newegg like a hawk and this could've been posted already, but is there anything wrong with the 120gb OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal?

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=ShellShocker-_-20-227-726-_-02132012_1
Today: $112.99 after 30MIR

I've been scouring for a cheap SSD and this is the lowest I've seen it. Maybe the part is known for high failure. Anyone already own it have problems?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good build
  1. Best answer
    The Agility 3 is a terrible drive - I've used lots of OCZ products and some are good, others absolute crap. The Agility 3 falls under the latter.

And what would help is to know what kind of secondary storage option you have. If you have a second 1TB+ hard drive, it would be wise to consider something like this for your boot drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148441

It's only $88 and it's a far, far better choice than the Agility 3. I use the same drive and it's been great so far.
  2. Mushkin Chronos Deluxe
  3. In my honest opinion, I would not go cheap on an SSD. I would also suggest buying a reliable drive (which may cost you more). Speed differences are very small so buying on speed alone w/o considering reliability is a mistake.
  4. hotthree said:
    In my honest opinion, I would not go cheap on an SSD. I would also suggest buying a reliable drive (which may cost you more). Speed differences are very small so buying on speed alone w/o considering reliability is a mistake.

The Crucial M4 that I linked to is one of the most reliable drives on the market and for that price it's an absolute steal (normally goes for ~$110). I bought this drive back in September on a Newegg deal and it hasn't given me a lick of trouble yet.
  5. if i were you id look into the patriot wild fire my self.. no issues here runs good and steady state performance is good too..
  6. Look in to hybrids as well.
  7. g-unit1111 said:
    The Crucial M4 that I linked to is one of the most reliable drives on the market and for that price it's an absolute steal (normally goes for ~$110). I bought this drive back in September on a Newegg deal and it hasn't given me a lick of trouble yet.

I agree on Crucial m4 and Samsung drives...Intel will cost significantly more b/c of their 5 yr warranties.
  8. t0mmy1977 said:
    Look in to hybrids as well.

No - hybrids are meant for laptops where you won't have a secondary storage option. They won't give you the speed increases that a true dedicated SSD will.
  9. Best answer selected by Blakexeal.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build SSD New Build Systems Product