Sign in with
Your question

Hyper 212 Plus Fan Problem.

Last response: in Components
May 31, 2012 1:26:58 AM

I recently just purchased a cooler masters hyper 212 plus cpu cooling system. Now, I had the heat sink mounted and everything looked good when I set it up, but when I plugged in the fan into the cpu fan outlet in the motherboard and turned on the computer, the fan ran for about 10 seconds, and then stops working (it does this every time on boot up). The only reasonable explanation I could come up with was that because the fan is 4 pin and my cpu outlet on my motherboard is only 3, so the fan won't work properly. If anyone could help me out with this I would be most thankful. Thanks

More about : hyper 212 fan problem

a c 790 à CPUs
May 31, 2012 1:31:59 AM

If the fan is plugged in correctly on the 3 pin connector it should just run, the forth pin is just for speed control! Presuming that the previous fan was running fine you probably just got a bad fan!
May 31, 2012 1:36:23 AM

Yes, my last stock fan was working just fine but when I put in this new fan it only works for a few seconds and then turns off. I guess it could be just a bad fan.
Related resources
May 31, 2012 5:02:01 PM

You will have to contact your our CM support team to get the fan replaced depending on which region you are from.

May 31, 2012 5:24:10 PM

Arzonist said:
Yes, my last stock fan was working just fine but when I put in this new fan it only works for a few seconds and then turns off. I guess it could be just a bad fan.

This is just a thought but have you watched your temperatures using one of the various monitoring utilities, like CPU-ID or Speccy? I noticed that my Hyper 212 plus surges on when the system is first booted, but then quickly turns off. It only runs when the CPU temperatures require it, and much of the time the Hyper 212 fan does not run on my system.
May 31, 2012 7:37:18 PM

My temps are really low when I boot up (19 deg Celsius), but even when I plugged in the fan into the other fan outlet, it did the exact same thing. When I plug in my old heat sink fan, it works great. Also, when I put boot up, everything works fine but if I do a restart or turn my computer off and turn it back on, it always says the cpu fan has failed; turning computer off etc.
!