Help buying a GC supported by ASRock A770DE+ Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingturtle

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Hello,
I am looking to buy a graphics card that is supported by AS Rock A770DE+ motherboard. The computer will be used for medium high gaming (could handle new games in low quality at least). The GC will replace an Nvidia 8600 GTS.

Solution
heh, i just checked the reviews on newegg for that psu, alot of people said it just quit after a while.

Is it still under warranty (3 years)? Even if it isn't, I'd contact ocz though email or chat and have them confirm it's broken.

kingturtle

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
@slicedtoad
No, we have a 8 year old Dell PC. I am scared if I try and remove some hardware from it, it will die on my hands (I have to pay to fix it lol).

@anyone
If the motherboard does not beep with the 4-pin cpu connected and cpu+fan mounted, could it be a power supply sign of dying?

I have a case speaker I tested on old motherboard+processor, and new motherboard+processor and neither one will be beep on power on. From reading one of the motherboard manual, it's suppose to beep with just the processor and power supply plugged into it. It would also explain why the computer failed on idle after 2 years of running fine (from what I read video cards only overheat when pushed by a video game + heavy software).

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
heh, i just checked the reviews on newegg for that psu, alot of people said it just quit after a while.

Is it still under warranty (3 years)? Even if it isn't, I'd contact ocz though email or chat and have them confirm it's broken.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.