Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any way to convert IEEE 1394 motherboard header??

Last response: in Components
May 31, 2012 7:48:00 AM

Ok, basically I work with IEEE 1394 (Firewire) with a lot of older Sony camera systems.

The case I want, the Corsair 650D has a front panel port that is connected to a mother board header.

However, very few current gen Mobos still have the connectors on the board. I thought about buying a PCIe card, but it's going to drive me crazy not being able to use the front port.

Is there any way to basically convert the mobo connector from the case to a PCIe firewire card in a way that will let me use the front panel port?

Best solution

May 31, 2012 8:00:58 AM

Sorry - can't seem to edit my previous reply...
Also use something like to convert the header to the internal pin type header.
Related resources
May 31, 2012 8:00:59 AM

EDIT: Thats perfect, thanks.
May 31, 2012 8:02:01 AM

Best answer selected by SecretCobraz.
a c 135 V Motherboard
May 31, 2012 11:25:44 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar