What is nvidia chipset

reinstalled windows 7 and noticed i no longer have nvidia chipset ive installed the latest drivers for gtx460 sli do i need this or is the chipset already in the driver download
15 answers Last reply
More about what nvidia chipset
  1. What motherboard are you using?
  2. gigabyte GI killer gaming motherboard
  3. You need to narrow it down a bit better than that, what model is it?
  4. phippsy said:
    reinstalled windows 7 and noticed i no longer have nvidia chipset ive installed the latest drivers for gtx460 sli do i need this or is the chipset already in the driver download

if you had installed latest driver for your video card then don't talk about chipset you had already installed that in simple words your both cards are known as nvidia chipset..
  5. xtreme5 said:
    if you had installed latest driver for your video card then don't talk about chipset you had already installed that in simple words your both cards are known as nvidia chipset..

Unless it's a mobo with an Nvidia chipset in which case a different and separate driver is required.
  6. drivers for what?
  7. The Nvidia chipset.
  8. hmm, without driver how is it possible to work.
  9. when setting up sli is it ok to have the cards in then install windows 7 or should i just start with 1 card first while installing and add the other after
  10. phippsy said:
    when setting up sli is it ok to have the cards in then install windows 7 or should i just start with 1 card first while installing and add the other after

So exactly which mobo is it that you have?
  11. its a G1 GUERILLA 12ME-G1GUERI-100R
  12. phippsy said:
    its a G1 GUERILLA 12ME-G1GUERI-100R

That has an Intel X58 chipset so you don't need Nvidia ones, just Nvidia VGA drivers.
  13. phippsy said:
    when setting up sli is it ok to have the cards in then install windows 7 or should i just start with 1 card first while installing and add the other after

insert now 1 card install windows after installation install latest available driver for your cards then insert second go to nvidia control panel and enable sli.
  14. I always install with both cards in from the start.
  15. both are right.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Chipsets Windows 7 Graphics