start menu

September 25, 2004 12:20:38 AM

I have the xp start menu selected, but it doesn't look
like the menu on my other computers with xp on them. For
instance, next to your name at the top of the start menu,
there is usually an icon next to it. It doesn't have that
anymore. How do I fix it? I did this once before, but
can't remember how I fixed it. It may have been some
setting in the networks, I don't know. Can anyone help?
Please email me if you know what to do.

More about : start menu

Anonymous
September 26, 2004 10:56:05 AM

dnok wrote:
> I have the xp start menu selected, but it doesn't look
> like the menu on my other computers with xp on them. For
> instance, next to your name at the top of the start menu,
> there is usually an icon next to it. It doesn't have that
> anymore. How do I fix it? I did this once before, but
> can't remember how I fixed it. It may have been some
> setting in the networks, I don't know. Can anyone help?
> Please email me if you know what to do.

The Welcome Screen must be anabled for the users account picture to display
on the start Menu. Control Panel/User Accounts/Change the way users
logon/logoff.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP