Sign in with
Your question

No POST, No BIOS, Nothing

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2012 11:44:12 PM

Hi, I recently tried building my first PC, and I'm having a little trouble. I started out great, bought a new mobo, new CPU, and RAM is on the way. However, I'm trying to boot up just to see how it runs, and I'm not getting anything on the monitor. I know there's no RAM in the system, but I heard that even if there's no RAM you should get a beep or something. I've tried resetting (and replacing) the CMOS battery, I tried taking out everything except the mobo, CPU, graphics card, and PSU, and nothing has worked. My current theories are that my PSU doesn't supply enough power because there are two columns left when I plug the ATX cable in, or that since I don't have a case it has something to do with the fact that I'm starting the damn thing by using a jumper on the F_PANEL pins. That's probably it, but I don't have any other options. Suggestions?

More about : post bios

February 14, 2012 12:16:01 AM

same here -.-
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
February 14, 2012 12:23:45 AM

you will only get a beep code if you have fitted a mb speaker .

At one time they were pretty standardly built in , then cases usually were fitted with them , and today .....go buy one at your local electronics store

Some where near the front panel pins will be some for the speaker
Related resources
February 14, 2012 7:09:49 PM

Okay, thanks, I didn't know that. However, I'm still not getting anything on my monitor, and I'm thinking I should at least be getting the BIOS screen. Anybody have any ideas?
a b B Homebuilt system
February 14, 2012 7:15:47 PM

chazman124 said:
Okay, thanks, I didn't know that. However, I'm still not getting anything on my monitor, and I'm thinking I should at least be getting the BIOS screen. Anybody have any ideas?

Guess you wait for the ram to show up. Honestly I've never tried to boot without ram. Never even considered it worth trying.
February 14, 2012 7:21:47 PM

All right, guess I'll just wait. It should be here in about a week, so if I post here a week later with a problem the PC will have RAM in it by then :) 
!