Windows 7 32bit>64bit, help!

mall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Ok so currently i've got a 32 bit windows 7 OS installed.
But want to upgrade to the 64 bit system, i got the disks and so, but when trying to install (ive moved all files to desktop)
But it says the file is not compitable with my windows version, i got the files, but cant install, how do i do? beacuase i want to be able to use all 4 gb of ram, ples quick help :)

mall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
soz for being a noob :) but currently ive got the disks at a different place then where i am, the only place i got the install files at are at my computer, would it be possible to just save them? and how do i clean out the computer, a step by step guide would be nice, or a link to one of those, thx for all help!

mall

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
oh btw one more thing i didnt get answered...
how do i uninstall windows? cuz that was how to install windows, i need a guide to uninstall it, would be nice with a step by step :9
Soz for all trouble, i just dont want to do silly misstakes

steadfast1984

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

put all your important files into a filefolder like My Documents. then copy them all to an external harddrive storage device. you can pick one up at a walmart, or you can build your own.. your choice. once all your favorit things are saved to the seperate drive, your computer is ready to be whiped clean in the "custom install" (im not gonna go into how to do a custom install)
Once you have your new windows installed and working. go on the net and download all the Drivers for your devices *vid cards chipsets etc* then gather up all your program discs and start loading all your favorit programs back on (eg Microsoft office, games) then you can plug in your external and transfer all your files from your old OS to the new one.... or just leave them where they are.