From i5-2500 to i7(but which)

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hello there,hoping someone will guide me to the best i7 processor.I am not a gamer but I am saving piece by piece to setup a triple monitor system,I have already upgraded to a 700w power supply from 450w and next week I shall have a new graphic card-Asus 7970-then two more monitors in mid June and triple monitor stand by the end of June,and I was thinking of moving up to the i7 cpu but I want to get the right socket for my mobo..which is h61ma-d3v,Do all i7's fit this model? and finally which i7 should I get? I would not mind paying more for performance as me and my nephew would like to get into online gaming ,especially as 'The Elder Scrolls' is coming online soon-thank you so much for reading this, do advise if you can.

Right now very few games can tap into any more than 4 threads. Now since the main difference between the Intel® Core™ i5 and the Intel Core i7 is hyper-threading basically giving you 4 additional threads of support; it is easy to understand why processors like the Intel Core i5-2500K and the Intel Core i5-3570K are the processors of choice for gaming systems. You can save that $100 and spend on a better video card or an SSD and better overall performance for that $100.

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Thank you very much for your response,it's nice to know I have a processor of choice..thanks again