I assembled a new PC last week.
-PC power and cooling silencer MKII 750W
-Gigabyte Z77x UD5H
- gtx 670 evga
- Mushkin enhanced redline 1866
- Noctua NHD-14
- OCZ vertex 4
- Everything was running smooth until yesterday (CPU OC'd to 4.5GHz (Max temp under stress 65C, GPU OC'd to 1200, max load 67C). Here is the funny thing, I got my HD (TB, WD caviar black, 7200, 6GBs) only yesterday evening, so I hooked it up, now the PC don't turn on. There was no beep no LEDs blinking. Next thing was to check the power supply, I did the paper clip trick and it turned out the Power supply was OK.
- It took hours though eventually I figured that there is something with the motherboard power connector (20+4 pin), seemed like loose contact. Needless to say, it wasn't just any loose contact but the 20 PIN was missing 1 pin all together!!!!!!!!! there were only 19 pins.
- Now I don't understand this. if the connector is missing 1-pin, how did the computer functioned until now? Do you think think might have damaged any of my hardware components on-board? Please provide me a detailed insight to this. I am worried if I have compromised the whole rig. May be I am just paranoid, idk.
- As it is evident, is definitely the POOR quality control from PC power and Cooling, if this indeed damaged any of my components can I file a claim?
- I am getting a refund from Amazon, also ordered a Corsair HX Professional Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Core i7 and Core i5 - CMPSU-850HX.
I look forward to your comments, thanks in advance.