Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus Nvidia GTX 570: Just too big?

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2012 1:05:12 AM

Hi there!
I´m considering the Nvidia GTX 570, benchmark ASUS. I´m actually considering some other stuff too, because in my country that one is quite expensive for me (About USD 600).

Anyway, I´ve read that it has outstanding performance, very similar with the 580 but cheaper, and Asus is very quiet, I mean, it´s not very noisy, even when it has 2 fans.

But, I´ve watched a video review that says that you cannot put it in SLI with other, because it is "so big".
And besides that con, it says that you have to take off the fans first in order to insert it inside the motherboard. (!)

The need of "taking off some stuff inside it" it´s scary for me (this is my first build ever!), is that scary and difficult as it sounds?

And is it true that it will take that much space? The video says it will occupy several slots from your mother! Wich mother may I have to avoid that situation?

Thanks for your thougths and recommendations!!!

Rosamunda
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Î Nvidia
February 14, 2012 1:14:11 AM

Quote:
And is it true that it will take that much space? The video says it will occupy several slots from your mother! Wich mother may I have to avoid that situation?

I just wouldn't get that card - the three slot design is rather ridiculous. I don't know what Asus was thinking with this one.

You're better getting a dual-slot 570 like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
l
February 14, 2012 1:19:38 AM

Whilst I appreciate G's take on things, I have two of the DCII tripleslot cards in my build, you don't need to take anything off anything to install them,
My cards are the Asus 6950's and all I had to consider for the motherboard was that the Pcie slots were both X16 speed for crossfire/sli, but if you are only having one card then thats irrelevant,
I would agree that the two slot version may be a better choice for most, I just wanted the visual effect of two huge cards in my build
:-p
Moto
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2012 3:19:02 AM

Thanks!!!!!

@g-unit1111, how about the MSI card? Is it better than the EVGA in your opinion? Are those noisy? I´ve read that the Asus is very quiet.

@motopsychojdn, what mother ar you using? If I understand it correctely you can use 2 Asus gtx 570 without space issues? I´m planning to add a pc card, is room for everything in there?

Thanks again!!
Rosamunda
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b Î Nvidia
February 15, 2012 4:13:33 AM

Quote:
@g-unit1111, how about the MSI card? Is it better than the EVGA in your opinion? Are those noisy? I´ve read that the Asus is very quiet.

EVGA has one of the best reputations on the market for NVIDIA cards (I use them in both my systems) and they're fairly solid and well built, plus EVGA gives you tons of overclocking and tweaking tools like their Precision utility.
m
l

Best solution

February 15, 2012 4:11:15 PM

@op, I have an asrock 890fx board, with the two monsters in there I can only use the pci slot above the cards, the tiny one :p 
it may be a different matter if you used the dualslot cards though and if you only have one card though you can still access some other slots at the bottom,
but yes, you can fit two triple slot cards into one build, you just can't have any other cards without some adaptors (dependant on motherboard ofc)
Moto
February 15, 2012 9:38:07 PM

Thanks guys!!
m
l
March 11, 2012 6:46:32 PM

Best answer selected by Rosamunda.
m
l
March 11, 2012 7:27:12 PM

Thank you for B.a., I hope you got sorted out ok?
and don't forget to post a pic in members gallery if you want us to see your work :) 
Moto
m
l
!