Sign in with
Your question

Sandy Bridge, compatibility, nic card

Last response: in Components
May 31, 2012 5:32:33 PM

I have recently built a new pc using the MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3) motherboard and an i5 3.3 ghz processor. The motherboard has a built in gigabit NIC that uses the Realtek 81xx driver. I need a second nic card and have tried several, but to no avail. What I have read says that there is an issue with the older drivers and the Sandy Bridge architecture. Currently I have a Netgear GA311 REV.A1 that i have tried to install to no avail. Do you know if there is an updated driver for this, or can you point me in the right direction of a decent nic card I can purchase that would work?

Any help greatly appreciated.
May 31, 2012 5:43:43 PM

jthenrich said:
I have recently built a new pc using the MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3) motherboard and an i5 3.3 ghz processor. The motherboard has a built in gigabit NIC that uses the Realtek 81xx driver. I need a second nic card and have tried several, but to no avail. What I have read says that there is an issue with the older drivers and the Sandy Bridge architecture. Currently I have a Netgear GA311 REV.A1 that i have tried to install to no avail. Do you know if there is an updated driver for this, or can you point me in the right direction of a decent nic card I can purchase that would work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The GA311 card is a pci card and that was for another build. I need a pci express card for this build. Sorry for the mistake.
m
l
!