Having weird power problems, help!

Dodgebakka

Honorable
May 31, 2012
so here is whats going on. everything was fine yesterday til i decided to do some more cable management on the back of the case so i redid a bunch of molex's, then everything was fine, shut down my computer and all the fans connected on the molexs were still running at a low rpm,and psu fan is still on. so i turned off the psu, the mobo power/reset buttons starts flashing and ticking like a car hazard and the fans are gettin power and moving as if its trying to power on. so i could still turn on the computer, it goes to the page where it shows ASUS, and press del for bios and freezes there for about a good 10 mins with boot device led on, then boots into windows.

specs: asus z68 v pro gen 3 mobo, 2600k at 4.5ghz, 8gb corsair vengeance, 7870 graphic card, 9 fans/water loop, 1 cold cathode, all on a corsair hx750

what could be going on? is my power supply about to go? or could it be the motherboard?

*forgive me if i posted this in the wrong section*

There are varying levels of good or bad PSUs. They usually start out at 100% performance and through use that slips to 99%, 98%, 97%, 96%, until at some point they have deteriorated below what your computer needs, that is usually when you experience the full failures freezing up in games and so on.

However, I want to ask what is all the rest of the stuff in your computer?

In particular I want to know about really old hardware.

Also, do you have any "extended" or such things set for checks during the boot process?