Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Power Supplies
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2012 12:25:41 PM

Hi Everyone,
Let me give a brief picture about my problem.

I had a ASUS M2N68-AM Mother Board,
a suitable AMD Processor(donot remember the spec, if necessary I can look and tell)
2GB DDR2 Transcend RAM

I use to get problem booting my system often, and usually replace the power supply, it'll work fine then.
2 days before I had the problem,
The led in the mother board is always glowing when the power supply is connected and when I press the power button the cpu fan will rotate for 0.5-1 sec and stop that's it.
it does nothing, if I try again, the fan will have a small jerk.
If I unplug or switch off the power and boot again, it'll again rotate the fan for 1 sec.

This has been the scenario for the past 4-5 months, now I have decided to go for a upgrade rather than a headache with this.

I've gone for a minimal budget upgrade with
Intel DG41WV M/B
Intel E5700 3 Ghz 2MB Cache LGA775 Processor
4GB Tulsi RAM
Zebronics PSU

Now I'm with the same headache which I use to have from my previous setup.
I've cleaned my cabinet and watched over it for short circuits and my Power supply was Earthed, so it wasn't the problem.
I even checked the power supply voltages, it was pretty good.

I even tried to boot with only Processor, Mother board and PSU connected, everything else removed, still the same.

I couldn't find a solution here, that's y posting a new thread.
pls help

More about : boot pls

a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2012 12:33:58 PM

Are you sure the power coming from the wall socket is good? Also, if you are using a surge protector(you should be) could it be faulty? Are you using the same power cord that you used with the old system?

If two completely different machines are having the exact same issues, then you need to look at things other than the PC.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2012 12:41:16 PM

sounds like a power supply went bad
try to borrow someone's psu and test
m
l
Related resources
February 14, 2012 12:42:18 PM

tlmck said:
Are you sure the power coming from the wall socket is good? Also, if you are using a surge protector(you should be) could it be faulty?

I tried with other wall sockets around, its same!
tlmck said:
Are you using the same power cord that you used with the old system?

Yes.
but I switched it with my monitor power cable, it's same
tlmck said:

If two completely different machines are having the exact same issues, then you need to look at things other than the PC.

Yes, I do think so, but my bro's PC is working fine.
:??: 
m
l
February 14, 2012 12:49:18 PM

check if everything is connected properly this happend to me one time because i didnt connect the 24 pin properly
m
l
February 15, 2012 10:21:32 AM

When I connected my old mobo and PSU alone, without Processor, the fans keep on running until I switch off the wall power supply.

Does that make any sense,
Can I assume the processor to be faulty or problem is related to processor?
m
l
June 9, 2012 5:07:09 PM

Sorry guys,
I took it to the shop, they replaced the MB with a new one.
not sure what the problem could be, they didn't give much info what kinda problem it had.
m
l
!