4850 Crossfire upgrade to 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I'm loooking to upgrade my graphics cards. Currently I have crossfire 4850s and I'm thinking about upgrading to a 6870 (Sapphire Flex). I been looking around at benchmarks, but most that include 6870 do not include crossfire 4850s. My question is: Will this be a worthwhile upgrade?

Part of the reason I'm upgrading is that I hate all the driver problems with crossfire, also I normally run three monitors, so I actually have to turn crossfire on and off a lot.

Anyone have any experience with this or can point me to a benchmark chart that has both of these?

Solution
The 6870 will easily beat the Xfired 4850's not to mention the extra NEW features
Grab two of them if you can and really watch how far you can go. The driver issues are not as prevalent as they once were. the newer cards scale very well

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
The 6870 will easily beat the Xfired 4850's not to mention the extra NEW features
Grab two of them if you can and really watch how far you can go. The driver issues are not as prevalent as they once were. the newer cards scale very well

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.