My pc specs and graphic card

awai5

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Hello,
i am not a computer geek or anything sort of near that.but recently have been thinking of buying good enough graphic card for my pc. specially for 3D gaming experience
specs
intel-pentium d 2.8 ghz
2 gb ram
just tell me what options do i have?

If you are talking about stereoscopic 3D, you're basically looking at a new system. The Pentium D is an extremely slow CPU by today's standards. It will hold back most gaming video cards. 2GB of RAM is also quite low for gaming, even on Windows XP RAM will be tight.

Stereoscopic 3D requires a display capable of outputting in 3D, and a pretty high end graphics card capable of outputting 3D signal, and capable of delivering very high framerates for the 3D to work properly. If you go the AMD route, you also need to buy additional software to get it to work with games. None of the high end video cards will work well with a Pentium D.

If you want a regular gaming experience, that is more doable with your existing system, but I would strongly recommend a CPU upgrade if possible, as well as more RAM in addition to a new graphics card. For any advice on that front we need to know what motherboard you have. If you don't know which one you have, download CPU-Z, run it, and go to the mainboard tab. Post the manufacturer and model number.

For recommendations about a graphics card we also need to know what power supply you have. You'll have to open your case and check the label mounted on the side of the PSU. Brand, model number and number of amps on the +12V rail would be helpful.