Digital Slide Show Enhancements

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 27, 2005 4:32:28 PM

I am a lil new to digital photography (DP) and it's component, PC
software working with the pics.

I use a WINXP HomeEdition with a Athlon Processor, 40G HD.

I also use a Nikon CoolPix 3200 which was gift to me along with Nikon's
software, Picture Project and Irfanview Image Viewer.

I enjoy the adding captions and emailing the pics. I also enjoy using
the slideshow plugins but am looking for a special feature in an image
viewer you might know of.

when I make a "slide" for a slideshow, the pic is set in all black
background, similar to a black image on my desktop, the pic stands out
remarkably. I would like to add wallpaper/background to these
backgounds for enhancements but don't know of software that would change
these backgrounds.\

Is this request clear and understandable?

tks

bill
May 27, 2005 4:33:08 PM

billw wrote:
> I am a lil new to digital photography (DP) and it's component, PC
> software working with the pics.
>
> I use a WINXP HomeEdition with a Athlon Processor, 40G HD.
>
> I also use a Nikon CoolPix 3200 which was gift to me along with Nikon's
> software, Picture Project and Irfanview Image Viewer.
>
> I enjoy the adding captions and emailing the pics. I also enjoy using
> the slideshow plugins but am looking for a special feature in an image
> viewer you might know of.
>
> when I make a "slide" for a slideshow, the pic is set in all black
> background, similar to a black image on my desktop, the pic stands out
> remarkably. I would like to add wallpaper/background to these
> backgounds for enhancements but don't know of software that would change
> these backgrounds.\
>
> Is this request clear and understandable?
>
> tks
>

> bill
One way to do that is with a program that creates Web pages. Any MS Office program, 2000
or later, will save a page as a Web page. You could do what ytou want in Word, but I find
Publisher easier. It goves you a lot of flexibility in setting up the page background,
putting a photo where you want on the page at the size you wnat, and adding a text. You
can make multiple pages that have links to connect them, and make a slide show that way.

Microsoft has a free slide show program, Photo Story 3, thta you can download from
microsoft.com. It lets you change the color of the background, but apparently won't let
you add a background design.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:24:25 AM

hmm, I'm pretty sure many other softwares out there can meet your
requirements .
Try this : http://www.photo2vcd.com
!