Closed Solved

Should i change my monitor? 1400x900

Guys, i have a 1400x900 resolution monitor 18inch
and i wanted to know if i want to play games like battlefield 3 ,Batman Arkham city, crysis2, cod mw 3
etc. Should i change this to umm some 1920x1080 Monitor? though my monitor doesnt have any issues its actually a few months old
just wanted to know will the resolution hurt the graphics quality of games
Any suggestions?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should change monitor 1400x900
  1. Best answer
    No, it just means you will need to crank up the AA some more, and get less field of view is all.
  2. arjunbalgovind said:
    Guys, i have a 1400x900 resolution monitor 18inch
    and i wanted to know if i want to play games like battlefield 3 ,Batman Arkham city, crysis2, cod mw 3
    etc. Should i change this to umm some 1920x1080 Monitor? though my monitor doesnt have any issues its actually a few months old
    just wanted to know will the resolution hurt the graphics quality of games
    Any suggestions?

Not when its a 18inch. Now if you had that resolution for a 23inch monitor then yes.
  3. I don't mind that resolution but the monitor is small it still looks amazing though.
  4. Which is your GPU?
    If you upgrade to a higher resolution, you might need to upgrade your GPU too..!!
    But I dont think its really necessary. 1440 X 900 is good enough if you can crank the settings to max.
  5. 1920 x 1080 gives you 60% more pixels on screen ..... that means that you will see 60% more detail on screen.
  6. Best answer selected by arjunbalgovind.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Resolution Monitors Graphics