Can I upgrade my power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffAn

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Hi I have this computer Acer Veriton VM4618G-UI5240W I am wondering if the power supply is upgradeable because when I checked the spec sheet here bit.ly/N1WD6Q it says that the maximum power supply is 300 watts Does this just mean that it's the power supply that installed in the computer or that I can't ad any more thanks

Solution
300 Watts is the power supply that computer has. Since this is an actual tower, and not a slimline or all-in-one it will take any ATX power supply, so it is upgradeable. Antec, Seasonic, and Corsair are good brands of you are looking for a PSU.

If you are upgrading the PSU in order to power a new video card be sure to measure the case to make sure it will fit. You have a smaller case so you may not be able to fit some of the longer video cards into it.
300 Watts is the power supply that computer has. Since this is an actual tower, and not a slimline or all-in-one it will take any ATX power supply, so it is upgradeable. Antec, Seasonic, and Corsair are good brands of you are looking for a PSU.

If you are upgrading the PSU in order to power a new video card be sure to measure the case to make sure it will fit. You have a smaller case so you may not be able to fit some of the longer video cards into it.

Solution

JeffAn

Honorable
May 12, 2012

Thanks As you can probably tell I'm kind of new to the upgrading thing and yes I was thinking about adding a dedicated video card because I believe that this computer has one of the integrated ones I'm staring to get into uploading a lot of pictures and videos to my computer

The integrated should be okay for those tasks actually. The only things that the HD 2000 integrated doesn't do well is gaming, and it sometimes struggles with 1080p HD video playback. If you really want to upgrade to a dedicated GPU, you can easily get a low end one that will work with your current power supply. Something like A Radeon HD 6450 or Nvidia Geforce GT 520 would fulfill your needs if you have no intention of gaming on this computer.

JeffAn

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Thanks again for the info and the advice I appreciate it I have a lot of other programs that I run as well like photoshop,dreamweaver and Sony Vegas Movie studio and I'm always opening a lot of windows at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS