Samsung E315 as modem?

Last response: in Technologies
March 21, 2005 6:10:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.tech,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

1. Can this phone be used as a cellular modem with a laptop?

2. How about with a Palm Pilot or Sony Clie? Anyone know what's needed for
this one?

--
Purple Moose
Remove the - to reply

More about : samsung e315 modem

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:08:49 AM

On 21 Mar 2005 15:10:00 EST
Purple Moose <purple-moose@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Can this phone be used as a cellular modem with a laptop?
>
> 2. How about with a Palm Pilot or Sony Clie? Anyone know what's
> needed for this one?

Sure can, I am connected with a e315, right now.
You will need a $57 data cable, which plugs at the phone's external
connector and gives you a serial 9-pin connector to plug to your
laptop or pda serial interface port.

The CD that comes with the cable has Windows drivers and setup.
For Linux, you have to search for the ppp setup scripts, using
google.

TonyB

--
__ __ _ I N C. http://www.sysdev.org