[Solver] Windows 7 installation Problems! Asus M5A97

kinect360

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hello, I have just built my first pc, and I am stuck at installing windows 7 :(. Here's what happens, I am trying to install off a USB stick as I don't have a dvd drive for this build. It will load into the setup and it'll stop on a screen requiring me to load drivers. Here is what it displays:

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

So I found drivers for my mobo Asus M5A97, I select them and then after I click next this message appears:

No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media.

I don't know what to do! I've tried all I can think of!! Nothing seems to work! I am trying to install windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I've tried installing windows vista 32 bit, and its been saying the same thing as well! I found the drivers here:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A97/#download

Please help me!! Thanks!

kinect360

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
This issue has been solved! If anyone encouters something like this, heres the fix:

OK now is the truth. This is the solution.

I assume all of you is using USB drive to install.

When Windows is asking for driver, just click Cancel. You will be brought back to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen, remove your USB drive, insert it back to DIFFERENT USB PORT. Click Install Now again. The installation process will be like usual.

This problem happened to all new version of updated Windows 7 installer. I think, it is due to failure of Windows installer to remain its detection to the USB drive. It lost the connection, and became confused, don't know where to find the USB drive it used to read before.

When we re-insert the USB drive, Windows installer will detect the USB drive back, and continue like usual.

skydriver46

Honorable
May 25, 2012
i have the same problem so i bought the floppy usb to run the mb disk for drivers after failing to do it with usb. No luck even with the usb in a different location and restart it doesnt like the drivers on it or on the floppy. yes they are the right drivers any new sugestions. Im glad windows 7 is such an improvement to xp.Xp i miss you

Smokey Bear

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
For reasons that no one has yet been able to explain (including the manufacturer, yet they haven't recalled it) , this motherboard has issues with installing Windows 7. Suggest you return and try a different brand -- Gigibyte works just fine. My solution is not buy Asus anymore.

Jul 2, 2014

AMIGO ERES UN GENIO, GRACIAS MUCHAS GRACIAS A TI SALVE MI INSTALACION!!!

karnevale

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014

I AM FURIOUS THAT THIS WORKED. I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM

s7ormraider

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
Hi kinect360 - nice glitch! It actually didn't work for me but it got me thinking in the right direction. You were right that the USB installer is loosing track of the USB - actually it is shutting down all usb ports for a brief moment for a hardware check. Unfortunately due to a "new software fix" the already executed device (UBS stick) will not initiate again. The good news is that with the development of USB3 the programmers laid a code to disable this problem. Usually it is under the system configuration menu in the BIOS for the USB3 boost sequence [USB3.0 configuration in Pre-OS. (depending on the manufacturer - exp. HP 250 g3 - set it to disable) THANKS again! and i hope this saves someone my lost 3h of trying to install a win7 :) FYI: I also tried different drivers to install but with no success - SATA controller. -cheers!

DoggerNow

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/newresponse/1280846

I just bought the ASUS X555LA-HI7 (with Windows 10 preloaded) and I had exactly the same problem.
After several hours of trying to found a working driver to skip the error mesage while installing Win7, and playing with the BIOS configuration, I could downgrade to Win7 x64 by:
1) Disable Secure Boot Control on BIOS, restart
2) Disable Fast Boot on BIOS (if available, I don´t remember)
3) Disable Launch PXE OpROM policy option
4) Enable Launh CSM on BIOS
5) Use a partition tool from the CD (I´m not sure if I really needed to, just in case)
6) Disable the XHCI Pre-Boot Mode option (under USB Configuration)
7) Instal the Windows 7 x64 from USB

After this, everthing ran very well (now I have to solve the drivers issue, I think so).
Thank you all for contributing on this thread!!

Vikash_3

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016

6 option worked for me