Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Floppy Disk
  • Formatting
  • Drivers
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2012 4:26:35 PM

Ok i had an error on a logon process that cant be fixed..so i decided to Reinstall my OS!

So here is the problem...

I did everything fine until this message appears about Damaged hard disk...

So I used my Google and found a solution...The solution Is when it says to press F6 and F2 i press F6 and it says that i need to put a floppy with RAID drivers..so here is the problems how im a suposed to put drivers in my floppy when there is jus max 2MB of space in one floppy...and how can i find what RAID drivers i need?

More about : problem formatting

a b B Homebuilt system
February 14, 2012 4:28:58 PM

A usb drive or use a cdr or dvdr and put them on those as an alternative to the floppy.
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b \ Driver
February 14, 2012 4:32:21 PM

what operating system , what motherboard?

do you actually have a RAID ?
Related resources
February 14, 2012 4:51:38 PM

zolton33 said:
A usb drive or use a cdr or dvdr and put them on those as an alternative to the floppy.

Sorry ,but I dont get it...how can I put It alternative to the floppy?? Please helP!
February 14, 2012 4:54:20 PM

Outlander_04 said:
what operating system , what motherboard?

do you actually have a RAID ?

I have Windows XP professional,A8V Series ASUS motherboard...you got my confused with that RAID question...now i dont know...how can i find out...please help!
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b \ Driver
February 14, 2012 5:05:10 PM

Reboot

Enter BIOS [ start up] , usually by hitting the DEL key but it could also be another key . Instructions will be on the black and white txt screen .

Find out how many hard drives are installed . If there is only 1 then change the setting so the hard drive is set to "native IDE " [instead of AHCI . It may even be so old that the hard drive is listed as SCSI

Native IDE could be called something similar , but definitely with IDE

After those changes windows XP will install without further problems
February 14, 2012 5:15:35 PM

I have 1 ,but how can i change those settings ,and where can i find those cofingurations?? is it main,or advancded (in BIOS)
!