Are these component worth it?

m793

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Hello

today I went to one of the best computer stores here in my town and asked him to write down for me a list of top gaming PC components and told him that my budget is 1900$ max

anyways here's the list

Case: Cooler Master Case - g12 + 600watt Power supply Corsair
Processor: Inter Core - i7 - 3.5 Ghz (2700k)
Motherboard: Asus - P8z 68 V-LE
Hard Disk: 1TB SATA GGts 7200 rpm
Memory: 8GB DDR.3 RAM - PC - 1866 Corsair
CD/DVD Writer: 22x DVD RW LG
Graphic: AT-Radeon 7870/2GB
Network: *tick*
Sound card: *tick*

he didn't write the price for each component but wrote the total price which was $1567.51

so guys my question is - are these components considered to be the components for a top gaming pc and is it worth to pay this much for such components..

sorry if posted in the wrong section but i really need an answer asap thank u everyone

Solution
KWD to USD conversions don't work well for comparisons. Prices just aren't the same all over.
This is about the best you can ask for.

My suggestion is get i5-3570K or i5-2500K & GTX 670 or HD 7870.
It will run WoW on Ultra settings 60+FPS on your 42" TV.

The other parts you mentioned in your first post are OK, and if you trust the shop to have lowest prices and good service, you're in good shape.

m793

Honorable
May 31, 2012
i understand but will these components result in a high gaming pc with top performace for example im playing world of warcraft will the fps stay max 60 even when the graphics is set on ultra

thx

randomkid

Distinguished

Even if it does, the specs the store gave you may not necessarily be worth the money. Specially if there is no unit price for the component. I guess a big chunk of the $1567.51 goes to "commission".

But it is good that you asked before deciding. Here at Tom's we always advocate building your own or at least decide on your configuration instead of leaving it to the stores. I highly suggest you do as rolli59 said & try entering the components listed in newegg. There will be other suggestions that will come here such as the i7 2700K may not be necessary for gaming so instead, get an i5-2500K or i5-3570K & use the savings instead for an SSD (much better performance than HD). The possibilities are a lot but it can only get better as reply comes to your thread.

Those parts get you in the neighborhood of a top gaming PC.

The network card and sound card would be included as part of features already on your motherboard.

Not enough detail on case to figure out which model.
My guess is PSU is CORSAIR Builder Series CX600.

Was there any mention of an aftermarket CPU cooler?

How about a copy of Windows, keyboard and mouse? Where those included in his price? A monitor?

And you can save a little more by specifying DDR3-1600 1.5 volt RAM. The faster -1866 RAM will have a negligible effect on system performance.

The Corsair CX600 is a pretty good budget PSU, but at around $1500, you should expect better.

m793

Honorable
May 31, 2012
yes windows was included but not the original one
he told me its not necessary to get the original one and itll cost u alot more

regarding keyboard, mouse and monitor no its not included its only the pc

i know its overpriced everything here in kuwait is expensive

i even showed him these components where i got from the internet..

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K ($332)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H ($114.99)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 ($999.99)
RAM: G.Skill Value Series 8GB ($37.99)
SSD (Primary Storage): OCZ Vertex 3 (120GB) ($124.99 after mail-in rebate)
Hard Drive (Secondary Storage): 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX ($129.99)
Optical Drive: Asus Black Blu-ray combo drive ($74.99 after mail-in rebate)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W ($104.99 after mail-in rebate)
Case: NZXT H2 ($79.99 after mail-in rebate)
Total: $1,999.92

i asked him how much would these cost here in our stores and his answer was "around $2493.76"
unbelievable i know :S

u might be wondering about my exact prices well im converting from kwd to usd :p

and im sure that i wont find cheaper than this store cause its like one of the best ones around, but i really want to know will i be experiencing any like low fps or other issues if im playing on like 42 inch screens?

my god im feeling like im asking stupid questions here srry people

thank u so much

Hi :)

I own RETAIL computer shops in the UK...

You must understand you will NEVER get the same prices in a shop that you will get on the net.... thats just a fact....shops have costs that net suppliers dont....

But there advantages to buying in a shop.....as an example, we guarantee everything we sell ourselves.....so if you get a problem you dont have to wait weeks to send it back over the net, you can just pop in to where you bought it...

All the best Brett :)

KWD to USD conversions don't work well for comparisons. Prices just aren't the same all over.
This is about the best you can ask for.

My suggestion is get i5-3570K or i5-2500K & GTX 670 or HD 7870.
It will run WoW on Ultra settings 60+FPS on your 42" TV.

The other parts you mentioned in your first post are OK, and if you trust the shop to have lowest prices and good service, you're in good shape.

Solution

m793

Honorable
May 31, 2012

yes windows was included but not the original one
he told me its not necessary to get the original one and itll cost u alot more

regarding keyboard, mouse and monitor no its not included its only the pc

i know its overpriced everything here in kuwait is expensive

i even showed him these components where i got from the internet..

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K ($332)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H ($114.99)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 ($999.99)
RAM: G.Skill Value Series 8GB ($37.99)
SSD (Primary Storage): OCZ Vertex 3 (120GB) ($124.99 after mail-in rebate)
Hard Drive (Secondary Storage): 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX ($129.99)
Optical Drive: Asus Black Blu-ray combo drive ($74.99 after mail-in rebate)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W ($104.99 after mail-in rebate)
Case: NZXT H2 ($79.99 after mail-in rebate)
Total: $1,999.92

i asked him how much would these cost here in our stores and his answer was "around $2493.76"
unbelievable i know :S

u might be wondering about my exact prices well im converting from kwd to usd :p

and im sure that i wont find cheaper than this store cause its like one of the best ones around, but i really want to know will i be experiencing any like low fps or other issues if im playing on like 42 inch screens?

my god im feeling like im asking stupid questions here srry people

thank u so much

m793

Honorable
May 31, 2012

thank u so much bro

Sorry to interject but....the Gigabyte Z77-UD5H is the best Z77 board out now, you will be hard pressed to find anything that clocks better and has the same features.

And to go with it a i5 3570K, you really don't need the extra psuedo threads that the i7 offers.

*edit*

For powersupplies, anything with Seasonic, Delta or Zippy/EMACs components, everything else can go to the bin.

For mainstream setups in order of preference;

Antec
Seasonic
Corsair
XFX