First build need to make sure parts are compatible

I am building my first gaming rig. However I need to be sure the parts are all compatible.

RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WU Black / Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

HIS IceQ X Turbo H685QNT1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card ...

SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM

RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular LED Power Supply

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX

All of these are from newegg. My main concern is compatibility and is 530 watts enough, i dont plan to do any major overclocking or get water cooling.

Please dont suggest anything more expensive like more ram, im at the max of my budget.
3 answers Last reply
More about first build make parts compatible
  1. I would suggest a larger PSU to avoid some problems that I am having, as well as a good brand like antec, corsair, xfx, as some recommend here. Other than that nothing jumps out as me that you may have problems with.
  2. What is your budget and why have you chosen an amd processor especially the fx chip?
  3. all of this comes to 520. And i chose the FX because Black editions have gone up in price, and im not crazy about intel.

The reason that my budget is so low is because i need to buy an OS and a hard drive still...thats gonna be fun...

Do i really need a larger psu? I dont want to go for a larger one if i really really dont have to. I did a calculator and even after aging of the psu the max wattage i got under 100% everything is 460 watts.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Compatibility Systems