Hyper 212 EVO pull config

Shammy

Honorable
May 9, 2012
The title says it all pretty much.
I am just wondering about the temperature difference between a push and pull config, I will be doing some slight overclocking nothing major.
Anyways with my 2x4 vengeance the hyper 212 is an issue, So it will have to be pull config until I get some low profile, unless it really won't make too big a difference where I won't be stressing my i5 2500k too much anyways.

randomkid

Distinguished
I have hyper 212 & 2x4 corsair vengeance (high profile heat spreader ) in my MSI Z68A GD55. I put the RAM on the 2nd & 4th slot on my motherboard & it does not conflict with the FAN being in the PUSH position. Perhaps it is possible to do the same in your motherboard.

What is the brand name & model?

Shammy

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Yes I do have the same motherboard.
Which is awesome because I was looking for someone with the same motherboard for a while to figure that out.
So using DIMM slot 2 and 4 works fine?
Kind of confusing because in the manual it says to use DIMM1 first for successful system boot.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
i have a 212 i also have gskill ripjaws and some older gskill cas 7 pi's which have even higher heat spreaders the push pull config will fit if i use ram slots 2 and 4 the other solution i have for you is that you can mount the fan slightly offset, as in sitting a bit high as the clips will grab anywhere on the heatsink as the locking notch in the heatsink runs the entire length of it so effectively the heatspread hight isnt really that much of a concern with the 212's

randomkid

Distinguished

I understand the apprehension specially if the manual specifically say so. But I have done the same to not follow the manual in an MSI 790FX motherboard & its working for me too. I don't know why MSI make such restrictions in the manual but it certainly is not exactly true.
Sorry I made a mistake in claiming I have hyper 212. I actually have the V6 GT (the hyper 212's are in my kids). See how it goes with the 2x4 vengeance in slot 2 & 4. Everything works fine.

img01362201201072028.jpg

randomkid

Distinguished

Sorry for the delayed reply. Problem with internet connection.

I totally missed the sig. By having exactly the same motherboard, he should be really safe. As mentioned in my earlier post, I have the V6-GT which I believe is even wider than the hyper because of the shroud.

TRENDING THREADS