I can't stand Win 7

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Nope, you can make it kinda sorta look like vista...

I think there is an aftermarket program to make it look close to xp but i dunno....

In other words get used to Win7.... I hated it at first too... Now I don't want to go back to XP....

Dacatak

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and click "Personalize"
Select the "Windows Classic" theme.
Click OK.

Next,
Right-click My Computer >> Properties
Click "Advanced system settings"
Click "Settings" under Performance.
Select "Adjust for best performance".

Applying these settings will make Win 7 look and act much more like WinXP.

Those are the quick and easy fixes. You can also go all out and install a Windows XP theme for Windows 7:
http://www.askvg.com/download-windows-xp-luna-theme-for-windows-7/

Hope this helps.

Takes 2 weeks to like it : )

I hated it too... I set it like this. If u are missing the classic explorer with folder size, use q-dir!

I loved the Royal noir black theme, not available on W7.

20111127115516.png

Dacatak

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011

You have no clue what you are talking about. Have you even seen the Windows Classic theme?

If anything it looks more like Windows 2000 than Vista. Beige and everything.

And installing the Windows XP theme makes Windows 7 look more like Windows XP, not Vista.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
been using windows 7 exclusively sense christmas, I've been working with it since it launched, and i still hate damn near everything about it out-of-the-box, but the 8gb of ram i got and trim support for the ssd... i didn't have much choice but to switch.

i enjoy more ram, and haveing an actual boot drive, something i wanted for 8 years, but the os i am still fighting every single thing with it.

foldersize, and the cascade/tile options are what i miss the most, i use areo snap, but that is so annoying.... instead of resizeing, it full screens it, but only half the screen, so i cant move the window at all otherwise it changes sizes... as time goes on i am noticing more and more things i dont like, but i got the start bar thing to the point where i can tolerate it and that was by far my biggest complaint. also made the lower right corner show all of the process instead of only a few, that also really annoyed me.

and currently, how files are selected has annoyed me to the point that i made my own thread on how to fix that because i have no idea what to search for.

trust me there are plenty of reasons to hate windows 7, and not everyone can get use to all of its little and VERY numerous annoyances.