Sign in with
Your question

FRAPS Huge Lag Spikes

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2012 6:04:01 PM

I've been recording some gameplay on my PC. I've done it before on my old monitor which was 1024X768, but now that, I've upgraded to a 1980X1080P monitor, I have a lag spike every minute or so. As soon, as I record, I encounter lag spikes after a twenty seconds and it keeps on happening every minute after that.

When the lag spikes occurs, my frames drop to around 20FPS and this only happens when I'm recording with Fraps. I haven't tried other recording software yet. Just to add, it last for a few seconds but, it's really annoying.

Personally, I think it's because of the increase in Data my HDD has to handle, as I'm now playing at a much higher resolution. Also, I play on the same HDD that I record on, if I get another HDD and put it in a RAID 0 array, do you think it will make things better?

Please, I need an answer quick and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

More about : fraps huge lag spikes

a c 82 B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
February 14, 2012 6:29:01 PM

It's probably not the hard drive but since you have not listed any system specs it's pretty hard to help you.
February 14, 2012 6:35:31 PM

anort3 said:
It's probably not the hard drive but since you have not listed any system specs it's pretty hard to help you.

Sorry!
i5 2500k @ 3.2Ghz
ASrock Extreme 4 Gen 3
GTX 560ti OC @
*1.1Ghz Core
*2.Ghz Shader Clock
*2.2Ghz Memory Speed
8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
500GB WD 7200RPM

I think it's the HDD. All the other parts are more than enough to handle FRAPS.
!