ArchieM

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Goodday to all of you

I just installed a GTX 560 Ti, to replace an old GFX-card.

Everything have worked great, until a encountered a small problem. When I change the resolution from HD to PC(in nVidia Control Panel) my HDMI Passthrough stops working, and I therefor can't get sound to my TV.

This change in resolution is required for me to play games, using my TV as a monitor - but it's no fun without sound.

Thank you all in advance.

Don't muck about with the nVidia driver. Set your resolution through windows, and then set your audio device through windows.
If, somehow, you have an above 1080p or 1200p display then there is a possibility that there are bandwidth problems with HDMI and you should stick with DVI or Display Port... but I am pretty sure you just have some settings wrong.

ArchieM

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Adjusting the resolution with the nVidia controls, is the only way to change it from "HD" to "PC"-mode. Am I to start a game in "HD"-mode, the games own resolution adjusts it to "PC"-mode, regardless, and the HDMI-passthrough won't work, and I don't get any sound.

My audio-device is set through windows.

And I don't believe it to be a bandwidth problem, neither, as the sound and imaging works fine, when the resolution is in "HD"-mod.