Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 6.2 5.9
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 6.2
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 6.7
Gaming graphics 1663 MB Total available graphics memory 6.7
Primary hard disk 68GB Free (298GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB
Disk partition (C:) 68 GB Free (298 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Total available graphics memory 1727 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 320 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1407 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.7533
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Network Adapter Belkin F6D4050 Enhanced Wireless USB Adapter

im not sure where to start. anyone has any possible suggestions.

QuietPC

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
By the time you start to upgrade you may be better off with a new build. Do you have a maximum budget? What are your uses (top 3) in order of importance?

iamhuggaandiamtall

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
erm. i want to spend roughly about 500 dollars, my priortise would basically be performance and to be a computer that would be used for word processing, music and gaming etc.

also what about in terms of operating system windows 7 , which bit version should i get?

is my specs that bad, that i should get a new one completely? i mean its good for me now,?

my source of income would be coming in march.

i also want the computer suggested itself to be upgradable rather than my current one which has an on board graphic card etc.

My apologise if i havent made any sense, i am a novice

Zero_

Distinguished
It's like this. Your PC at the moment is decent for some light gaming. Upgrading any single component wont make sense as it'll be bottlenecked by the rest of the system.

Eg: A new GPU will be bottlenecked by your CPU. A new CPU will be bottlenecked by your GPU.

Therefore, if you want more performance, you are looking at upgrading CPU + GPU, which is essentially a new system.

I'd suggest keeping your RAM, hard drive, DVD and maybe the case (if it fits). You can get some pretty decent hardware for around $400 to replace the rest (basically, the $600 build in my sig without the stuff you can keep)