How to create a password to access one pc to another pc .

slnsolutions

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
how to create a password to access one pc to another pc .

like i have 3 pc it is connecting throw switch .
ip addresss is 192.168.1.1
i want access from 192.168.1.1 to \\192.168.1.2 like this here i want to create login password and how to remove password
plz help me

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
What OS are you using.

User names a passwords are created by user accounts. So you just need to create a user account, and then you need to add that account, in the sharing permissions on what ever folder you what to share.
You can use the account you have all ready, if you want to.

Also a little trick to get out of typing in passwords, if your user accounts and passwords are exactly the same on all of the computes, and are logged with that user, it will auto log in for you.

slnsolutions

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
sir 3 days back i re-installed a pc. os is windows xp . but when i access that pc its is asking password. i dint gave any password for that pc.
systen config:
1 gb ram
intel 945 board
3.0 ghz
hdd 80 gb

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Have you setup any sharing on that computer?
What permission on the share?
Try just typing the user name with no password.
You might have to have a password on the account or it wont share, but I am not sure.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Set up a share on the computer.

I seen weird stuff happen if you don't have anythere shared on the computer, some times you will get a message saying something like Access is denied contact you admin, and sometime like in your case you will get a log in window, but no one has access so no one can log in.

If you don't want any security put the Everyone account in the access to that share.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

Back in the Sharing setting on the folder you are sharing, there is a check box that said "Allow network users to change my files".
Make sure that box is checked. That should give wright access to the share.

BTW
I think you are in what that call simple file sharing, (It has been awhile since I used XP file sharing so I forgot about it)
So I think it just give Everyone access to that folder. So I don't think it will ask for a password at all, it will just give anyone access. But for a small home network I think this is just fine.
If you what to enable the advance sharing, open up control panel go to folder options then the view tab, then at the very bottom of the list (at least for me) there is a box that saids "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" uncheck that box and click ok. Now go back to you shared folder"s sharing options, You should have more options to work with, including Permissions.
WARNING
This can get really complicated really fast, and if you don't know what you are doing it can brake you folder permissions on folder and you might loose access to files and folders completely. so if it is working to you satisfaction, I would just leave it be.
If you are going to use it, be careful with the security tab, that will appear when "Use simple file sharing " is unchecked.
I would read up about it, and test it on test folders before you do it to folder with important stuff in it.

slnsolutions

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

I have this strange problem on one of our client pc's
1 printer on the server its is shared to client pc's when i give the print
its showing 'opeing' status, instead of 'ready'.

Any other idea's????
OS -windows xp

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I heard about that problem before, I think someone suggested enable file and printer sharing on the client computer. I haven't had this problem before, and I don't know if that was confirmed a fix or not.

If that doesn't work, I would google it, see if you can find a fix from there.