fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
So I am looking for a nice single slot dual GPU card for my Bull Dozer rig what is thought of the Nvidia GTX 560ti 2WIN plus I will considering a side grade to i5 2500K if Intel offers a more compatible platform for Nvidia GPU but I really like my BD and CrosshairV

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
KEY "The salesmen tells me" right there.

you realise he is just trying to sell you SOMETHING. anything he can make a buck on

Look Here
http://hayharut.hubpages.com/hub/EVGA-GTX-560-Ti-2win

the 2WIN is NOT the fastest 2GPU card currently out. infact it only just beats the SINGLE GPU Cards of a 6970 and GTX580.

so 7970 (Single GPU) , GTX590 (Dual GPU) or 6990(Dual GPU) or even the upcomming 7990 (Dual GPU) are all faster than the 560ti 2WIN

yes indeed the 2500k is a side grade as ther will be very little real world performance diff (Depending what BD chip u have)

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Ya but the salesmen says that I need to Upgrade from my brand new just purchased BD fx - 8150 to this http://www.b-com.ca/product.php?productid=232400&cat=&page=1 and he says I was stupid to go with AMD and that I need Intel and Nvidia to play games on highest settings. I was stunned I mean I just spent $500+ on an upgrade to AMD BD fx-8150 and CrosshairV mobo and now I am told it is garbage ;-(

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
AMD FX-Bulldozer is garbage in regards to gaming and single threaded performance.
excellent for the server environment.
the AM3+ motherboard is fine but you should have stayed with the Phenom II X4 965BE - 980BE or the 1100T X6.
You sound like the salesmen I spoke to I tryed to tell him I was happy and thought the performance was fine but he insisted I needed Intel and Nvidia to play games.PS is $799 Canadian a good price for 560ti2win ?

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

CrosshairV Formula, Bull Dozer FX-8150, 8gb Dominator GT rams, Radeon HD 4890. I was told all these parts combos are the best of the best.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

I play all the games I have over 200 in my Steam collection Currently I am playing Fallout New Vegas, Fist of Foo, GTA III and I have others that are demanding like Crysis Metro 2033 etc but I like the free to play MMOs they are good time sinks here are the specs. CrosshairV Formula, Bull Dozer FX-8150, 8gb Dominator GT rams, Radeon HD 4890. I was told all these parts combos are the best of the best.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
yes the 4890 was kick ass in it's day but is a little dated for the rest of your system (I assume its from a previous PC as its about 1-2 years behind the rest of the gear u listed.)

Crosshair IV means you can run multiple cards are are NOT limited to a Dual GPU Card.

i would consider the 7970 and look at getting another later down the track.

Tigerdirect.ca has an XFX 7970 3gb for $579
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1814879

saving you over $200 and BLOWING away ur 4890 & Beating the 560TI 2WIN by a decent margin.

also the GTX5xx series is due to be replaced soon with the release of GTX6xx where as the ATI 7xxx series is still very new and current so finding a 2nd one in 6 months time is HIGHLY likley.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Well I carried over the HD 4890 from my old Dell store bought which was a giant POS and just ended up being a waste of money I am tired of being lied to by the salesmen I dont have the time tho to research and play games much or anything really but I thought the 4890 would be OK but it is slowing down in some games so I need something robust on my big 27" HD+ monitor.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

I hope you are right I dont know who to believe anymore these salesmen have sold me out to many times I dont no who to trust anymore.It seems like no matter what I buy they tell me it was the wrong choice then they always try and turn me onto some $600 to $1000+ Intel Mantra CPU.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
wait for the nVidia GTX 6 series...
reports say it beats the HD 7 series.

if waiting is an option.
Ya I can wait for as long as it takes the 4890HD still plays all the games no problem even on 2560x1440 but it is only around 30-40fps in most games on custom med/high settings but MW2 gets 60fps.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
So in summary

Current Best option is a single 7970 for around $580

Or if ur happy to wait a month or 2. you can see what the GTX6 series will do. but it will prob be down to a 7970 or a GTX680 I suspect (no pricing or performance figures at this stage tho)

Salesmen will ~always~ try to get you to buy the most expensive product available, you really need to ignore them.

For yourself a 2500K would of been a better choice for the money, but seeing as you've already bought the 8150fx there is no need to waste money on a new board / CPU.

Go with the 7970 now, and later buy another one. In a few years you can re-evaluate your CPU / MB setup and determine if it's a good idea to change it out.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

I think BD was a great investment and it will maintain and even get better as more cores become predominate like it has been for years now.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
may your hopes rest in Piledriver because the performance of the Bulldozer will be MEH @ best.
not to even mention single threaded apps..
Why would I vest interest into whatever you say piledriver is I vested into BD 8150 and it is powerful for what I do and I am tickled pink by it I don't need anymore power it is already more than enough for me.

Currently BD has severe caching / prediction problems. These can't be fixed with an OS patch or a microcode update, you need new metal and a new tape out for them. Thus PD might have them fixed or whatever design replaces PD, but current BD does not have them fixed and no amount of hope and prayer will fix them.

For its money BD is a bad investment. It's not so bad that it requires an immediate switching, nobody will be disappointed unless they live their life by their posted benchmarks (don't laugh, people actually do this). Both manufacturer's CPU's will feel the exact same given the same GPU and platform considerations. Thus nobody needs to change out their CPU's, heck my 980BE clocked at 4.2Ghz is still kicking a$$ and taking names for me. I might be looking again later this year or next, but for now I'm happy with it.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

I could care less about a bench number and the fanboy remarks cause it is just words and numbers that mean nothing BD 8150 has impressed me and I am confident in my substantial Investment will last long into the future friend.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Yup as we said there is no need to Change the CPU or motherboard now or even soon.

You have had a bad run of salesman's advice recently (Dell & 560TI 2WIN) don't let it get you down or dewll on past purchases. Your doing things the right way now. doing the research and seeking advice.

I hope we have been helpfull in our reccomendations and advice.

Let us know what you decide to purchase and how it performs.

fistoffoo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
BUMP!! So seems the consensus is these 2WIN cards are more just more well marketed cards that are not real great but dam is it sexy but Radeon is on top today and Nvidia is around the bend anyway.