Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 2WIN

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2012 9:52:57 PM

So I am looking for a nice single slot dual GPU card for my Bull Dozer rig what is thought of the Nvidia GTX 560ti 2WIN plus I will considering a side grade to i5 2500K if Intel offers a more compatible platform for Nvidia GPU but I really like my BD and CrosshairV

More about : nvidia 2win

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
February 14, 2012 10:04:27 PM

just buy a 7950
m
l
February 14, 2012 10:09:03 PM

Outlander_04 said:
just buy a 7950

The salesmen tells me Nvidia is the best and 560 2 Win is way better for me cause I have one lane PCI. Thanx Ron Jeramey.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 14, 2012 10:37:34 PM

KEY "The salesmen tells me" right there.

you realise he is just trying to sell you SOMETHING. anything he can make a buck on

Look Here
http://hayharut.hubpages.com/hub/EVGA-GTX-560-Ti-2win

the 2WIN is NOT the fastest 2GPU card currently out. infact it only just beats the SINGLE GPU Cards of a 6970 and GTX580.

so 7970 (Single GPU) , GTX590 (Dual GPU) or 6990(Dual GPU) or even the upcomming 7990 (Dual GPU) are all faster than the 560ti 2WIN

yes indeed the 2500k is a side grade as ther will be very little real world performance diff (Depending what BD chip u have)
m
l
February 14, 2012 10:55:19 PM

HugoStiglitz said:
KEY "The salesmen tells me" right there.

you realise he is just trying to sell you SOMETHING. anything he can make a buck on

Look Here
http://hayharut.hubpages.com/hub/EVGA-GTX-560-Ti-2win

the 2WIN is NOT the fastest 2GPU card currently out. infact it only just beats the SINGLE GPU Cards of a 6970 and GTX580.

so 7970 (Single GPU) , GTX590 (Dual GPU) or 6990(Dual GPU) or even the upcomming 7990 (Dual GPU) are all faster than the 560ti 2WIN

yes indeed the 2500k is a side grade as ther will be very little real world performance diff (Depending what BD chip u have)

Ya but the salesmen says that I need to Upgrade from my brand new just purchased BD fx - 8150 to this http://www.b-com.ca/product.php?productid=232400&cat=&p... and he says I was stupid to go with AMD and that I need Intel and Nvidia to play games on highest settings. I was stunned I mean I just spent $500+ on an upgrade to AMD BD fx-8150 and CrosshairV mobo and now I am told it is garbage ;-(
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:13:02 PM

Quote:
AMD FX-Bulldozer is garbage in regards to gaming and single threaded performance.
excellent for the server environment.
the AM3+ motherboard is fine but you should have stayed with the Phenom II X4 965BE - 980BE or the 1100T X6.

You sound like the salesmen I spoke to I tryed to tell him I was happy and thought the performance was fine but he insisted I needed Intel and Nvidia to play games.PS is $799 Canadian a good price for 560ti2win ?
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:15:36 PM

the CPU change isnt going to bring big gaming performance differences.

what video card, CPU, RAM & MOBO do you have atm and what's your budget? so we have all the facts to reccomend you the BEST upgrade for your money.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:21:13 PM

So pls post

FULL Current Computer Specs (CPU, RAM, MOBO, PSU, GRAPHICS CARD & MONITOR)

Current Budget
Games you like to play.

with all the information we can make a reccomendation as to the best use of $$$ you have.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:21:14 PM

HugoStiglitz said:
the CPU change isnt going to bring big gaming performance differences.

what video card & MOBO do you have atm and what's your budget? so we have all the facts to reccomend you the BEST upgrade for your money.

CrosshairV Formula, Bull Dozer FX-8150, 8gb Dominator GT rams, Radeon HD 4890. I was told all these parts combos are the best of the best.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:22:18 PM

Quote:
Intel is better but I'm not going to push it and I have and love my AMD unit.
the FX-Bulldozer will be your detriment.
Phenom II X4 965BE - 980BE is better option.

Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:27:05 PM

HugoStiglitz said:
So pls post

FULL Current Computer Specs (CPU, RAM, MOBO, PSU, GRAPHICS CARD & MONITOR)

Current Budget
Games you like to play.

with all the information we can make a reccomendation as to the best use of $$$ you have.

I play all the games I have over 200 in my Steam collection Currently I am playing Fallout New Vegas, Fist of Foo, GTA III and I have others that are demanding like Crysis Metro 2033 etc but I like the free to play MMOs they are good time sinks here are the specs. CrosshairV Formula, Bull Dozer FX-8150, 8gb Dominator GT rams, Radeon HD 4890. I was told all these parts combos are the best of the best.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:38:53 PM

yes the 4890 was kick ass in it's day but is a little dated for the rest of your system (I assume its from a previous PC as its about 1-2 years behind the rest of the gear u listed.)

Crosshair IV means you can run multiple cards are are NOT limited to a Dual GPU Card.

i would consider the 7970 and look at getting another later down the track.

Tigerdirect.ca has an XFX 7970 3gb for $579
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1814879

saving you over $200 and BLOWING away ur 4890 & Beating the 560TI 2WIN by a decent margin.

also the GTX5xx series is due to be replaced soon with the release of GTX6xx where as the ATI 7xxx series is still very new and current so finding a 2nd one in 6 months time is HIGHLY likley.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:41:33 PM

NOTE: A 7970 should handle 2560x1440 gaming @ max settings quite well for current games. it will also draw less power than the 560TI 2WIN
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:45:28 PM

HugoStiglitz said:
yes the 4890 was kick ass in it's day but is a little dated for the rest of your system (about 1-2 years behind the rest)

Crosshair IV means you can run multiple cards are are NOT limited to a Dual GPU Card.

i would consider the 7970 and look at getting another later down the track.

Tigerdirect.ca has an XFX 7970 3gb for $579
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1814879

saving you over $200 and BLOWING away ur 4890 & Beating the 560TI 2WIN by a decent margin.

also the GTX5xx series is due to be replaced soon with the release of GTX6xx where as the ATI 7xxx series is still very new and current so finding a 2nd one in 6 months time is HIGHLY likley.

Well I carried over the HD 4890 from my old Dell store bought which was a giant POS and just ended up being a waste of money I am tired of being lied to by the salesmen I dont have the time tho to research and play games much or anything really but I thought the 4890 would be OK but it is slowing down in some games so I need something robust on my big 27" HD+ monitor.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:48:15 PM

HugoStiglitz said:
NOTE: A 7970 should handle 2560x1440 gaming @ max settings quite well for current games. it will also draw less power than the 560TI 2WIN

I hope you are right I dont know who to believe anymore these salesmen have sold me out to many times I dont no who to trust anymore.It seems like no matter what I buy they tell me it was the wrong choice then they always try and turn me onto some $600 to $1000+ Intel Mantra CPU.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:55:23 PM

Quote:
wait for the nVidia GTX 6 series...
reports say it beats the HD 7 series.

if waiting is an option.

Ya I can wait for as long as it takes the 4890HD still plays all the games no problem even on 2560x1440 but it is only around 30-40fps in most games on custom med/high settings but MW2 gets 60fps.
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:56:46 PM

So in summary

Current Best option is a single 7970 for around $580

Or if ur happy to wait a month or 2. you can see what the GTX6 series will do. but it will prob be down to a 7970 or a GTX680 I suspect (no pricing or performance figures at this stage tho)
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:02:49 AM

Quote:
how much VRAM on that HD 4890.?

1gb
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:17:49 AM

fistoffoo said:
I hope you are right I dont know who to believe anymore these salesmen have sold me out to many times I dont no who to trust anymore.It seems like no matter what I buy they tell me it was the wrong choice then they always try and turn me onto some $600 to $1000+ Intel Mantra CPU.

Salesmen will ~always~ try to get you to buy the most expensive product available, you really need to ignore them.

For yourself a 2500K would of been a better choice for the money, but seeing as you've already bought the 8150fx there is no need to waste money on a new board / CPU.

Go with the 7970 now, and later buy another one. In a few years you can re-evaluate your CPU / MB setup and determine if it's a good idea to change it out.
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:19:41 AM

palladin9479 said:
Salesmen will ~always~ try to get you to buy the most expensive product available, you really need to ignore them.

For yourself a 2500K would of been a better choice for the money, but seeing as you've already bought the 8150fx there is no need to waste money on a new board / CPU.

Go with the 7970 now, and later buy another one. In a few years you can re-evaluate your CPU / MB setup and determine if it's a good idea to change it out.

I think BD was a great investment and it will maintain and even get better as more cores become predominate like it has been for years now.
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:25:45 AM

Quote:
may your hopes rest in Piledriver because the performance of the Bulldozer will be MEH @ best.
not to even mention single threaded apps..

Why would I vest interest into whatever you say piledriver is I vested into BD 8150 and it is powerful for what I do and I am tickled pink by it I don't need anymore power it is already more than enough for me.
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:30:21 AM

fistoffoo said:
I think BD was a great investment and it will maintain and even get better as more cores become predominate like it has been for years now.

Currently BD has severe caching / prediction problems. These can't be fixed with an OS patch or a microcode update, you need new metal and a new tape out for them. Thus PD might have them fixed or whatever design replaces PD, but current BD does not have them fixed and no amount of hope and prayer will fix them.

For its money BD is a bad investment. It's not so bad that it requires an immediate switching, nobody will be disappointed unless they live their life by their posted benchmarks (don't laugh, people actually do this). Both manufacturer's CPU's will feel the exact same given the same GPU and platform considerations. Thus nobody needs to change out their CPU's, heck my 980BE clocked at 4.2Ghz is still kicking a$$ and taking names for me. I might be looking again later this year or next, but for now I'm happy with it.
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:37:09 AM

palladin9479 said:
Currently BD has severe caching / prediction problems. These can't be fixed with an OS patch or a microcode update, you need new metal and a new tape out for them. Thus PD might have them fixed or whatever design replaces PD, but current BD does not have them fixed and no amount of hope and prayer will fix them.

For its money BD is a bad investment. It's not so bad that it requires an immediate switching, nobody will be disappointed unless they live their life by their posted benchmarks (don't laugh, people actually do this). Both manufacturer's CPU's will feel the exact same given the same GPU and platform considerations. Thus nobody needs to change out their CPU's, heck my 980BE clocked at 4.2Ghz is still kicking a$$ and taking names for me. I might be looking again later this year or next, but for now I'm happy with it.

I could care less about a bench number and the fanboy remarks cause it is just words and numbers that mean nothing BD 8150 has impressed me and I am confident in my substantial Investment will last long into the future friend.
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:45:36 AM

Yup as we said there is no need to Change the CPU or motherboard now or even soon.

You have had a bad run of salesman's advice recently (Dell & 560TI 2WIN) don't let it get you down or dewll on past purchases. Your doing things the right way now. doing the research and seeking advice.

I hope we have been helpfull in our reccomendations and advice.

Let us know what you decide to purchase and how it performs.
m
l
February 15, 2012 12:57:45 AM

BUMP!! So seems the consensus is these 2WIN cards are more just more well marketed cards that are not real great but dam is it sexy but Radeon is on top today and Nvidia is around the bend anyway.
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:02:00 AM

Quote:
the thing with the 2WIN cards (and I like them BTW, they have a specific small market)
but they have little overclocking headroom.

I had thoughts of a 2WIN GTX 460 when I had an AM2+ mATX unit.

Well my rational is when you have two you dont need to OC LOL 2WIN = BIWINNG
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:02:52 AM

fistoffoo said:
BUMP!! So seems the consensus is these 2WIN cards are more just more well marketed cards that are not real great but dam is it sexy but Radeon is on top today and Nvidia is around the bend anyway.

Pretty much, AMD/ATI Radeon was just the first to release their next generation cards. Nvidia will release theirs soonish.
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:09:21 AM

fistoffoo said:
You sound like the salesmen I spoke to I tryed to tell him I was happy and thought the performance was fine but he insisted I needed Intel and Nvidia to play games.PS is $799 Canadian a good price for 560ti2win ?

ITS AWFUL
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:24:49 AM

Yes thats pretty well it fistoffoo

there are 3 current 2 GPU Cards
in order of performance 560TI 2WIN < 6990 < 590

the 560TI 2WIN is for those with a single PCI-Experss x16 Slot motherboard and want great performance but cant affort the 6990 or 590

since then the 7xxx series was released and a single card can get the performance for a better price. so the 560TI 2WIN donsn't really fit a market anymore. or atleast there are better options.

spentshells is right tho. the $799 for a 560TI 2WIN is a VERY expensive price.

m
l
February 15, 2012 3:15:27 AM

fistoffoo said:
Ya but the salesmen says that I need to Upgrade from my brand new just purchased BD fx - 8150 to this http://www.b-com.ca/product.php?productid=232400&cat=&p... and he says I was stupid to go with AMD and that I need Intel and Nvidia to play games on highest settings. I was stunned I mean I just spent $500+ on an upgrade to AMD BD fx-8150 and CrosshairV mobo and now I am told it is garbage ;-(

"the salesman" is wrong .

The FX 8150 often beats the 2500k in applications . Sometimes it even beats the 2600k

In gaming its going to be OK . The intels can make more fps on low resolution monitors but thats bogus since no one would buy a top end processor and mb and then use a small low resolution screen . At 1080p resolution you wont even notice any difference

Just buy a 7950 , or a 7970
m
l
February 15, 2012 4:15:47 AM

Outlander_04 said:
"the salesman" is wrong .

The FX 8150 often beats the 2500k in applications . Sometimes it even beats the 2600k

In gaming its going to be OK . The intels can make more fps on low resolution monitors but thats bogus since no one would buy a top end processor and mb and then use a small low resolution screen . At 1080p resolution you wont even notice any difference

Just buy a 7950 , or a 7970

I know right that is what you are saying is what I tried to communicate to the salesmen but it was like he just looked at me like I was conducting religious blasphemy even when I put the facts right in his line of sight he still claimed I was wrong and proceed to try and sell me onto some $1200+ Intel 2011 platform that would do absolutely nothing for me when I already have the best BD 8150 platform it was real degrading experience for me that salesmen was. Ya to tell you the truth I think i will just grab a 7950 and if I am not satisfyed I will buy another down the road but I sure it will do fine on average over allot of games so AMD FTW! thanx man.
m
l
February 15, 2012 4:59:19 AM

your salesman is a fanboy

head to newegg and buy your graphics card there
m
l
!