Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GTX 570 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2011 2:53:01 PM

Hi guys!

I need some help with my Gigabyte GTX 570.
I have it for the last 4-5 months and so far it's been working great.
But today I've noticed some issues with the drivers keep crashing after a while and games (MW3, Assassin's Creed...) don't display properly.
I've performed a clean install of the latest stable drivers from nvidia's website but the problems still occur.

I'm starting to think this has something to do with corrupt registry or even worse the graphics card itself.

Any Ideas?
a c 230 U Graphics card
December 16, 2011 3:01:10 PM

How do you know its driver related ? What are temps ? Cleaned the dust out recently ?

Might wanna do a clean install.....

1. Uninstall nVidia Drivers
2. Reboot
3. Use CCleaner to remove all things nVidia from Registry
4. Reboot
5. Install latest Beta driver (290.36)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-290.36...

If that doesn't work, use 285.79, then 285.62 etc. till ya find one ya system agrees with.

Run OCCT GPU test and keep and eye on temps and voltages ...... temp issues likely mean ya dust clogged and voltage variances likely mean ya PSU crapping out
December 16, 2011 3:13:12 PM

The temps are 34C.

I think it's driver related because a pop up appears and says that the drivers crashed and have recovered.

There is no dust inside (thanks to dustfilters).
Related resources
a c 230 U Graphics card
December 16, 2011 3:36:01 PM

The temps are definitely not 34C under load.....

Quote:
There is no dust inside (thanks to dustfilters)

Wanna bet ? :) 

Dust filters reduce but do by no means eliminate dust. I have dust filters on every box and yet I create quite a dust cloud when I fire this up and blow out the CPU Heat sink, GFX cards and nooks and crannies. I can usually notice when the filters need cleaning my monitoring MoBo / GFX card temps as temps rise due to reduced air flow .....

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202018102/h_d2/...

I can usually notice when the filters need cleaning my monitoring MoBo / GFX card temps as temps rise due to reduced air flow ..... same with the CPU . ...... when CPU temps are higher than normal, it's time to take the side panel off and blow the bugger out.
December 16, 2011 3:56:52 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
How do you know its driver related ? What are temps ? Cleaned the dust out recently ?

Might wanna do a clean install.....

1. Uninstall nVidia Drivers
2. Reboot
3. Use CCleaner to remove all things nVidia from Registry
4. Reboot
5. Install latest Beta driver (290.36)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-290.36...

If that doesn't work, use 285.79, then 285.62 etc. till ya find one ya system agrees with.

Run OCCT GPU test and keep and eye on temps and voltages ...... temp issues likely mean ya dust clogged and voltage variances likely mean ya PSU crapping out

How am I going to have picture on screen if I remove all the driver files with ccleaner?
!