Sign in with
Your question

$400-$550 Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
February 14, 2012 10:52:34 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 3 Weeks - 1 Month

Budget Range: $400-550

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Monitor.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: iBuyPower.Com or any other website you prefer. (Using iBuyPower, I don't know how to use the budget on there, it's confusing. If you can use it, please do)

Parts Preferences: Whatever you feel is right.

Overclocking: I don't know much about this, just minimum. Whatever you feel is right, would be great please.

SLI or Crossfire: Don't know what this is, novice at building.

Monitor Resolution: 1600x900 HP 2010i Monitor, might be using this or a Veiwsonic (Will get specs later not important)

Additional Comments: Please stay within a good $400-$450-$500 price range. A good graphics card, something that won't be outdated. I read somewhere that the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti is good. Please, if any other information do post. Also, it does not need to come with an OS, it can come pre-formatted.

Quick question. If I build a PC with these parts, would it be possible to easily upgrade them? Are all the parts upgradable in the future? Perhaps due to a good motherboard? I don't know how to go in there and upgrade, but if I try for a beginner, I hope it is possible to one day in the future upgrade. I'll be using this for gaming mostly and downloads. Thank you!

More about : 400 550 gaming

February 15, 2012 1:58:02 AM

To be clear...you need everything. You have nothing from another system to use. You need the OS (Operating System) as well.

Have you considered buying a prebuilt system ready to go?

Have you ever built or maintained a computer for yourself or others?
m
l
February 15, 2012 2:09:02 AM

The links on my sig will help you.

OP, I'm not sure if you want to buy a prebuilt PC or build it yourself.
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2012 3:38:26 AM

Pre-built will be fine. I don't know how to build computers myself yet, even though I'm watching videos, tutorials, etc. I don't want to take the chance until I have spare money to do so, also for anyone who is willing to help Neweggs is also fine.
m
l
February 15, 2012 3:51:49 AM

Draz said:
Pre-built will be fine. I don't know how to build computers myself yet, even though I'm watching videos, tutorials, etc. I don't want to take the chance until I have spare money to do so, also for anyone who is willing to help Neweggs is also fine.

suggest you look at dell and cyberpowerpc to see what they have in that price range
m
l
!