The text thing on desktop

Ok I want to know how to change the text on the icons on the desktop to
transparent that way when i change wallpaper i dont need to change the color
as well. Not the actual text but the backround. Some computers i have seen
have them transparent. But not mine. I want to fix it, but i dunno how.

Starfleet Officer wrote:
> Ok I want to know how to change the text on the icons on the desktop
> to transparent that way when i change wallpaper i dont need to change
> the color as well. Not the actual text but the backround. Some
> computers i have seen have them transparent. But not mine. I want to
> fix it, but i dunno how.

Control Panel -> System
Advanced tab -> Performance Settings button..
Make sure "Use Drop Shadows for Icons on the Desktop" is checked.

--
<- Shenan ->

Hawk

I cant find the "System Advanced" Tab.

Hawk wrote:
> I cant find the "System Advanced" Tab.

Can you get to the System window? Tabs across the top (General, etc)?
Is there an advanced tab?
Are you logged onto the machine as an administrator?
Is this a home machine - not one in a domain?

Control Panel -> System --> Advanced tab -> Performance Settings button..

--
<- Shenan ->

Hawk

OH. Its cause when you put System>>Advanced tab i thought it read System
Advanced. Heh.

Hawk wrote:
> OH. Its cause when you put System>>Advanced tab i thought it read
> System Advanced. Heh.

Cool!

I take it that worked for you?

--