Sign in with
Your question

Asus gtx 560 ti DCII vs Top

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2011 6:05:49 PM

so asus gtx 560 ti DCII is 830 mhz and asus gtx 560 ti DCII Top is 920 mhz, is top just an overclock of DCII? can i achive the same speed with DCII by overclocking?

More about : asus gtx 560 dcii top

a c 607 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
December 16, 2011 11:25:32 PM

Yes you should be able to overclock the DCUII to TOP speeds. The logic behind getting the TOP right off the bat is that the GPU chips may be higher binned and therefore have passed a higher level of quality assurance. In theory, you can then overclock the TOP, but to a higher rate than the regular DCUII. In theory, the chips that aren't good enough for the TOP models get put in the regular cards. Your mileage may vary, of course.
December 16, 2011 11:57:02 PM

i got the non top version and i have not needed to OC it at all. Just awesome awesome cards. You know your product is a good one when it comes with 3 separate black corregated boxes with a golden shiny asus logo on each.

As far as i can tell, the top models probably run on a slightly lower voltages therefore have more headroom for overclocking. They are more or less identical and they can all OC to hell.
Related resources
a c 88 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
December 17, 2011 12:36:41 AM

Go for the cheaper card, you can always overclock the DCII and save some money in the process.
April 1, 2012 10:43:38 AM

although this post is quite old now and the OP will have got the card by now, i just thought I'd put my opinion out in case other viewers are in a similar situation now...

I have the DCUII version, but with MSI afterburner I overclock it to 920 while still on stock voltage, although the heat and voltages go sharply up after 930 or so.
!