LG 42VL5500 Input lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

drums101

Distinguished
OK so I recently purchased a LG 42VL5500 tv to use with my gaming machine. The problem that I am having is that there is a slight input lag. Everyone else thinks that I am crazy but I know its there. I play COD alot and its apparent to me in that game. I have turned all the post processing crap off and turned on game mode even relabeled my input to pc and to game and it has reduced the lag but it is still there. Compared to my 26inch samsung monitor I can def feel the difference. My question is has anyone else had an issue with tv? Is this a common issue with HDTV's? Its a big deal to me lol it causes my score to go down significantly because I snipe and the few miliseconds I have to respond can make or break the shot. Thanks

Solution
What inputs are you using? If you are using HDMI or DVI, did you try the "just scan" option (aspect ratio related)? This is an non-overscan mode, where 1 pixel from input signal equals 1 screen pixel. When set to 16:9 mode, it makes a slight zoom to hide the picture margins, just making an extra processing step (why do they do 1920x1080 standard signal and panel when they zoom in by default???).
I'm using racing sims, so I know what input lag can do. Unfortunately, I only now of monitor reviews for input lag, not TV.
Switch the HDTV to 60Hz mode (or 50Hz mode if you are in a country that uses PAL video standard). A HDTV operating in 120Hz (or 100Hz) mode creates input lag because the HDTV basically creates and insert frames in between every two real frames. This is done for better / smoother movie playback, but since it takes time to create these interpolated frames, it creates input lag in games.

drums101

Distinguished
when i put it in game mode it turns off trumotion which i beleive is the 120hz mode? I am not sure I dont see how that works that you can turn the true motion low or high wouldnt it just be on or off 60hz or 120hz respectively? I am not sure where else I would turn that off in

mathew7

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
What inputs are you using? If you are using HDMI or DVI, did you try the "just scan" option (aspect ratio related)? This is an non-overscan mode, where 1 pixel from input signal equals 1 screen pixel. When set to 16:9 mode, it makes a slight zoom to hide the picture margins, just making an extra processing step (why do they do 1920x1080 standard signal and panel when they zoom in by default???).
I'm using racing sims, so I know what input lag can do. Unfortunately, I only now of monitor reviews for input lag, not TV.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.