Sign in with
Your question

Rig for battlefield and skyrim?

Last response: in Systems
February 15, 2012 2:24:47 AM

I've tried building my own computers before... but I just realized it's too much of a hassle.
I'm planning to go to a local computer building and ask to build one, and I wonder what my
options are, considering the best price to performance ratio.

At around 1~1.5G, what setup should I get to run these games? I don't care so much for
having the general graphics setting up to highest, but I do care for having the view distance
cranked all the way up, so my current rig is just gasping for air these days. Please help!

More about : rig battlefield skyrim

February 15, 2012 5:50:09 AM

You can't reuse parts from your old PC ? it will be cheaper.
What parts you don't need. ( monitor ,keyboard ,mouse ,OS, etc. )
m
l
February 15, 2012 6:57:34 AM

If you have the knowledge to build a computer, build it yourself. You'll get better value for money and in all fairness, if you know where components go, it shouldn't take longer than an hour to put together a standard build, including cable management ect ect.
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2012 3:21:19 PM

cooler master storm trooper case
asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 mobo
intel i5 2550k cpu
cooler master hyper 212 plus cpu cooler
amd radeon hd 7950 video card
western digital caviar black 1.5tb hhd
sony 24x optical drive
corsair ax650w psu
g.skill ripjaws x series 8gb ram
m
l
February 15, 2012 3:46:50 PM

My i3-2120 + 560Ti will run Skyrim and BF3 on Full High settings (can play on High/Ultra in Skyrim, but the framerate drops in highly detailed areas). A better CPU + GPU will definitely get you solidly into the Ultra region.
m
l
February 17, 2012 10:21:26 AM

xtremegamer2da-max said:
cooler master storm trooper case

No. Unnecessary, over-priced. No reason for a full-tower case what so ever with this build. Almost any mid-tower ATX would be plenty.
m
l
!