Sign in with
Your question

New Graphine CPU keeps overheating!!! HELP!!!! (VERY LARGE IMAGES)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 1, 2012 5:49:07 PM

So, the other day, after reading about how graphine was the future of computing, I decided that I was gonna make my own... First problem was that I needed a source of graphine. I looked high and low, and finally came across a redly avaliable source:

Problem A: solved. Next, the substrate to lay my graphine in... This one had me stumped...

I racked my brain for hours, but to no avail:

Finally, it hit me... [

Next step was a bit simpler. I needed an achitecture to copy... But what? After much deliberation, I decided on AMD's K10, since I could get to it easily:

... And after a few minutes:
Next, I needed a source of power, and what has more energy than an eight month old beagle? /admin.desktop.ashinms.operaunite.com/webserver/content/Tech%20Pictures/Oth

Now, a picture of it installed in its case: [im

Now, here's the problem, i can't seem to get the heat down... It's running at over 12 degrees, and according to my calculations, I should be much lower... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
a c 79 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 6:14:00 PM

it must be broken, sue the manufacturer, and their dog
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 6:15:45 PM

13thmonkey said:
it must be broken, sue the manufacturer, and their dog

Hell, kick their dog too, while you're at it. :lol: 
m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 6:23:58 PM

Dog has been kicked. Machine started making loud noises, then startred stinking... Brown material got all over my carpet.... I think I broke it. Switching to Yorkie pwer....
m
l
a c 79 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 6:41:04 PM

complain to your senator, they give a *** about everything!
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 6:50:17 PM

Resize the images please, I'm dying of boredom waiting for them to load and I'm on a 30Mb line, I feel sorry for dial up guys that try to read this :) 
Moto
m
l
June 1, 2012 7:01:49 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Resize the images please, I'm dying of boredom waiting for them to load and I'm on a 30Mb line, I feel sorry for dial up guys that try to read this :) 
Moto

I will when I get a chance. Not exacly in a good position right now... SOrry...

I just got PRK. I'm having to type with my eyes cosed because the screen is too bright and my numbing drops just wore off. When I do my next round, I'll edit the photos...
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 7:05:53 PM

Ok man, I look forward to seeing this in its glory though :) 
Moto
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2012 8:25:05 PM

Hi :) 

Could a Moderator delete those ridiculous size images please ???

Waste of bandwidth and some people have low bw connections...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 79 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 8:30:37 PM

Hi brett, you'll find this has been asked about above. The OP will be getting to it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2012 8:30:40 PM

The title of this topic has been edited by Proximon
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2012 8:31:27 PM

Warning added to title.
m
l
June 1, 2012 9:47:35 PM

Sorry to anyone who actually *wanted* to see the pictures, but due to the fact that I haven completely regained my vision from my PRK surgery, I am unable to edit the pictures. (I can barley hold my eyes open long enough to see what I'm typing+. For this reason, I will bbe deleting the pictures immediatelyy, and will be leaving this post up long enough for anyone to read this final message.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 11:29:52 PM

Hope your healing goes well, not sure what prk is but if it eye-related you have my sympathies man,
We can wait for the pics :-)
Moto
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 11:51:35 PM

Me thinks quantum computing is the future!
m
l
!