Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire 6970 no signal from miniDisplayPort

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2011 8:32:55 PM

Here are the specs on my system:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel i7 2600K Sandy Bridge (overclocked to 4.4 Ghz)
Zalman Air Cooler
ASRock Extreme7 Gen 3 motherboard
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
64 GB SSD (Windows)
512 GB SSD
750 GB WD Black Caviar HDD
(2) Sapphire Radeon 6970 2 GB DDR5 RAM (linked in Xfire)
1200 Watt Corsair Gold Professional Series Power Supply
Creative xFi Titanium Sound Card

I built the system, posted with no issues, installed Windows, installed all necessary updates and drivers. Everything went really, really smoothly.

I used an LG 32LD450 as my monitor during the build and it looked and worked great.

The issue is that I was building the system for a friend (he has an 27" Apple Cinema LED), and when he connects the monitor to the Sapphire 6970 via miniDisplayPort it gets no signal.

I was using HDMI to connect to the LG monitor, and Windows automatically installed the drivers for that display.

My thoughts are that this might be a driver issue. That the computer is trying to output video signal via the HDMI port to an LG monitor, when it should recognize that a Apple monitor is plugged into the miniDisplayPort and adapt.

We have tried connecting a different tv/monitor via HDMI and also an old-school monitor to the motherboards IGX, but get nothing.

So, any ideas? Would really appreciate some help. So far we have been unable to get any video to display at all. No post screen, bios, nothing.

a c 1379 U Graphics card
December 16, 2011 10:09:54 PM

Adapter active?
m
l
December 16, 2011 10:24:14 PM

Forgive me for the newbie question, but what adapter do you mean?

Everything seems to be working correctly, but because there is no video being displayed I cannot see the BIOS or Windows Desktop.

I have tried to bypass the 6970s by connecting a VGA monitor to the on-board GPU of the motherboard, but that didn't work either.

I think that this is because, within the BIOS, the video output source is the GPU on the PCIe slot. I would change that, but since I can't see the BIOS is makes it difficult.

I have also attempted to connect a flat panel to the 6970s via HDMI but that also yielded no results.
m
l
!