Sign in with
Your question

Lanbox Lite vs Vulcan

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
June 1, 2012 7:07:30 PM

I would not choose the NZXT because I find it offensive to the eye. I much prefer simple understated styling.

I couldn't honostly pick the Lanbox Lite either because I already have smaller neater LANboxes which house incredibly powerful hardware. But of the two I would pick this.

However, there are other things to consider
1). What do you plan to install in it?
2). What do you plan to use it for?
3). What do you like?
4). What can you afford?

m
l
June 1, 2012 7:10:28 PM

I would Choose The Vulcan case, its a really good looking case, that have a handle to take on lan partys or if you move alot, It can handle Big Heatsinks, Full Size Video Cards you can have 2 top 120m , 1 120m front and 1 92mm on the back and an extra 200mm on the side , good airflow monster that is almost all Mesh so led Fans look Good. Lanbox Lite is an Old Fossil of the old days.
m
l
June 1, 2012 7:40:47 PM

pauls3743 said:
I would not choose the NZXT because I find it offensive to the eye. I much prefer simple understated styling.

I couldn't honostly pick the Lanbox Lite either because I already have smaller neater LANboxes which house incredibly powerful hardware. But of the two I would pick this.

However, there are other things to consider
1). What do you plan to install in it?
2). What do you plan to use it for?
3). What do you like?
4). What can you afford?

They're all questions about things I should've mentioned in the first post, although my point was more about what YOU would pick and not necessarily what I should go with. But since you asked reasonable questions, I'll answer them for you.

1). Two 6850's in CF, a 960t @ 4ghz under a Noctua NH-C14 and two WD Raptors in RAID 0
2). Performance Nomadic Gaming (the other option's a laptop, which is OKAY, but...)
3). Please Clarify (What do you mean?)
4). Please Clarify (Question's too vague)

Also, I'm totally with you when it comes to a neat presentation; it helps to hide a sometimes un-fixable wiring forest. I'm personally, however, attracted to the Vulcan's sci-fi feel. You also mentioned that you had other lanboxes with "more powerful" hardware; what cases are you alluding to?

chulex67 said:
I would Choose The Vulcan case, its a really good looking case, that have a handle to take on lan partys or if you move alot, It can handle Big Heatsinks, Full Size Video Cards you can have 2 top 120m , 1 120m front and 1 92mm on the back and an extra 200mm on the side , good airflow monster that is almost all Mesh so led Fans look Good. Lanbox Lite is an Old Fossil of the old days.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the Lanbox Lite an "old fossil," but it does offer fewer air-flow and cooling opportunities than the Vulcan.

Air-flow, portability and style are what I'm really after here; the price, size and build quality of the two are similar, although the Vulcan seems to offer better air-flow and portability.

Style, however, goes to the Lanbox Lite; it's clean, flat-cube design offers something that's easy on the eyes and out of my way in a small room.
m
l
!