corban324

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Hello, I'm trying to install two Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 (http://amzn.to/uk8X7B) graphics cards using CrossFire inside my desktop. However, I cannot get CCC to display any options for CrossFire, but device manager is recognizing both graphics cards. Here is a screenshot of my CCC: .

Any ideas as to what my problem is? I've tried installing the cards with the most recent ATI software, and with the CD that came with the graphics cards. I've quadruple checked that my motherboard supports CrossFire (but not SLI apparently). Maybe I've read something wrong?

Also, I do not have a CrossFire Bridge (cable) to connect these two cards. I don't see a place on the cards for one, and I've read that I shouldn't need one. Is this the case?

Thanks so much for any help with this, I'm at my whits end.

My specs are as follows:
Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 Motherboard
2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3
Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
64GB Samsung SSD
2TB internal Hard Drive Storage
16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 (1333 MHz) RAM (Patriot, Sector 5)
Hauppauge PCTV 800i PCI Card TV Tuner (23040)
2x DVD-RW Drives (1 is Lightscribe enabled)
Generic Universal Card Reader
Orion 585W PSU
Generic Nano Wireless N WIFI USB dongle
Generic Nano Bluetooth 2.0 dongle

intel4eva

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
You always need a crossfire cable to enable crossfire. CCC does not display the option to crossfire if it cannot be enabled. If your cards don't have a crossfire connector on them, they cannot be crossfired.

corban324

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

I read somewhere that some models did not require this and that they could do it through the PCI-E bus. Is this definitely not the case?

Also, on the box it tells me that the card supports AMD CrossFireX. If this is the case, and I need a bridge, then do you have any idea where I could connect it on this card?

corban324

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

That actually sounds right... I think my only reference on the crossfire support of these cards may have been this guy's review on TigerDirect (http://bit.ly/vJvRfU). NewEgg tells me otherwise...

residentdean

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I wouldn't suggest crossfire anyways I got a pair of 6870's and I always got to wait for amd to come out with profiles for anything to run right. Just get one powerful gpu is what I would suggest

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

The caps don't come out long after the drivers, and I just don't bother to update until the caps are out. I have 2 6950s. If you were wanting a single card as powerful as your two 6870s, you'd need to get a GTX580. Which costs an extra (counting in NZ money here) $180, so.... For gaming, multi-gpu with AMD is very well thought out, nVidia need to pick up their SLI scaling game now.

corban324

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
First of all, thanks so much for all of your responses. I really appreciate the help. I'd like to consider myself fairly computer literate, but I'm afraid that I'm a little out of my league in this area.

In response to this thread and some more research online, I went ahead and returned the graphics cards. I then purchased two Sapphire Radeon HD 5770's from Amazon (http://amzn.to/tb54A5). However, once these arrived, still no dice. I can't get the crossfire option to appear no matter what. Here are the images from GPU-Z. Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on? Is it possible that my motherboard isn't compatible after all?

4wb.png

gdr.png

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

Just looked at your motherboard.... It a) Only has one PCI-e x16 slot, the other one is 1x. b) it has no mention of supporting CFX setups. Not that that is an indication that it doesn't because my old motherboard didn't either but it still worked.
The solution is a new motherboard. If you're willing to fork out for one, I would suggest you try to get your hands on an ASUS Sabertooth 55i... Sabertooths are reliable, well built, and support full CFX. Otherwise, go for a P55 board that you like, but make sure you do your research, and the dual-GPU system has CFX support, and at least dual 8x bandwidth in Crossfire.

spagalicious

Distinguished
Is there a reason you want crossfire? Its alot easier just to have a single card. Not to mention lower end cards crossfire'd don't preform that well. I can see that your mobo from the screenshots you provided have one of the cards running at x1 speed. Does your mobo say it supports crossfire? It may only have one x16 slot. I would say return both of those cards and get one, say, a 560ti or a 6950?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125401

POPPAJERRY2

Honorable
May 14, 2012

IM AFRAID THAT YOU ARE WRONG. FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS YOU DO NOT NEED A DONGLE, OR, A CROSSFIRE BRIDGE BECAUSE CROSSFIRE IS ENABLED THROUGH THE PCI-E BUS IN THE MOTHERBOARD. THE NEWER TECHLNOLOGIES ONLY REQUIRE A CROSSFIRE CAPABLE MOTHERBOARD,AND,CROSSFIRE CAPABLE CARDS. I THINK HIS ONLY PROBLEM IS HE DOES NOT HAVE CROSSFIRE FEATURES IN HIS CARDS. I MADE THIS SAME MISTAKE IN MY ASUS ATI CROSSFIRE X BOARD. I KEPT BUYING THE WRONG STUFF FOR A WHILE. INCLUDING BRIDGE CONNECTORS. (2 OF THEM.) AND, THEN FOUND OUT I COULDNT CONNECT MY CARDS BECAUSE THEY WERENT THE RIGHT TYPE. IT CAN GET CONFUSING BECAUSE IT HAS CHANGED SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE LAST 6 YEARS OR SO. BUT, I FINALLY PUT IN MY SECOND CROSSEFIRE SUPPORTED ATI RADEON 5450 TODAY, AND, NOW ITS WORKING LIKE A CHARM. SO, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK THROUGH THE FINE DETAILS (AT THE BOTTOM MOSTLY.) FOR "CROSSFIRE SUPPORTED". ESPECIALY ON EBAY. ANYWAY, HOPE THAT THIS INFO HELPS. POPPAJERRY.

POPPAJERRY2

Honorable
May 14, 2012

YES THEY DO SUPPORT CROSSFIRE. SOME OF THEM DO. JUST NOT ALL OF THEM. JUST LIKE MY RADEON 5450S. I HAVE 5 OF THEM. 2 OF THEM SUPPORT CROSSFIRE, 3 OF THEM DONT. IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE MODEL NUMBER, AND THE MANUFACTURER. THEY MUST SAY "CROSSFIRE X SUPPORTED." POPPAJERRY2.