Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How long does a take a pc computer system battery to recharge

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 1, 2012 8:12:17 PM

Hello,
How long does it take a new CMOS battery to charge? I put a new one in last night, and I am still getting the same alery that the battery is system is low, and I still have to go in and change my computer date and time. Thank you for your help.
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2012 8:17:09 PM

Hi :) 

Assuming it was a 2032 (standard pc bios battery....its already fully charged in a sealed packet...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
June 1, 2012 8:21:11 PM

Yes, it was a sealed CR2032. -Thanks for the quick follow-up!
m
0
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 8:28:30 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Assuming it was a 2032 (standard pc bios battery....its already fully charged in a sealed packet...

All the best Brett :) 



Hello Brett, Yes it was a sealed CR2032. Did I do something stupid by waiting too long?
m
0
l
June 1, 2012 8:31:32 PM

Brett, I should clarify - how long should it take my computer to be charged - since it is still saying the system battery is low.
m
0
l
a c 79 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 8:35:14 PM

if its a desktop then either the battery was dead in the packet, or you have another problem.

That battery doesn't recharge, it'd probably explode if it did as its not designed to.

m
0
l
June 1, 2012 9:09:00 PM

Rut-ro Raggy! I will try another battery. But if that's not the case, what could the prblem be?
m
0
l
a c 79 à CPUs
June 1, 2012 9:31:26 PM

furniture4evr said:
Rut-ro Raggy! I will try another battery. But if that's not the case, what could the prblem be?


Not sure, loathe to say PSU issue, but if its comparing the battery voltage to a psu derived voltage then it could be psu or even mobo.

Before you try a new battery try resetting the bios, I doubt it, and make a note of the settings before you do, but its a possibility that it needs resetting to 'know' that it should treat the battery as new.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 2:17:06 AM

Thank you for your response 13thmonkey. I did try another battery, and aI am still getting the same error message. It looks like I have some studying to do. Like first, what is a psu... I do know mobo is motherboard, so I have that going for me!
m
0
l
a c 79 à CPUs
June 4, 2012 9:07:13 AM

power supply unit(the brick at the top or bottom).

I've seen a couple of these, mostly on very old systems, never been able to figure it out, but similar symptoms, either the battery does not resolve the issue, or lasts for a shorter period of time than would be expected.

The battery you replace was on the motherboard yes? where is the warning coming up?
m
0
l
June 5, 2012 12:59:24 AM

13thmonkey said:
power supply unit(the brick at the top or bottom).

I've seen a couple of these, mostly on very old systems, never been able to figure it out, but similar symptoms, either the battery does not resolve the issue, or lasts for a shorter period of time than would be expected.

The battery you replace was on the motherboard yes? where is the warning coming up?



Hello 13,

My Dell XPS 600 Dimension is 6 years old. It's getting up there, but not too bad. Yes, i replace the mobo battery. The warning comes up immediately after I turn on my computer.

Thank you so much for working with me!
m
0
l
!