How long does a take a pc computer system battery to recharge

furniture4evr

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hello,
How long does it take a new CMOS battery to charge? I put a new one in last night, and I am still getting the same alery that the battery is system is low, and I still have to go in and change my computer date and time. Thank you for your help.

furniture4evr

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Hello Brett, Yes it was a sealed CR2032. Did I do something stupid by waiting too long?

Not sure, loathe to say PSU issue, but if its comparing the battery voltage to a psu derived voltage then it could be psu or even mobo.

Before you try a new battery try resetting the bios, I doubt it, and make a note of the settings before you do, but its a possibility that it needs resetting to 'know' that it should treat the battery as new.

furniture4evr

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Thank you for your response 13thmonkey. I did try another battery, and aI am still getting the same error message. It looks like I have some studying to do. Like first, what is a psu... I do know mobo is motherboard, so I have that going for me!

power supply unit(the brick at the top or bottom).

I've seen a couple of these, mostly on very old systems, never been able to figure it out, but similar symptoms, either the battery does not resolve the issue, or lasts for a shorter period of time than would be expected.

The battery you replace was on the motherboard yes? where is the warning coming up?

furniture4evr

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Hello 13,

My Dell XPS 600 Dimension is 6 years old. It's getting up there, but not too bad. Yes, i replace the mobo battery. The warning comes up immediately after I turn on my computer.

Thank you so much for working with me!