Corsair 400r fan

G

Hey guys,

I am trying to find out how to get the front fans to work on the 400r. I can't seem to find the cable that goes from the fan to the mother board. I got the LED ones in I think but not the other... Can anyone please help me. Thank you!!

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hey guys,

I am trying to find out how to get the front fans to work on the 400r. I can't seem to find the cable that goes from the fan to the mother board. I got the LED ones in I think but not the other... Can anyone please help me. Thank you!!
try removing the panel covering the motherboard on the right hand side of the case,im sure the cables would be there somewhere,when the case is new they would probably be tucked away or tied in a bundle with the power and HD activity cable,they need to be connected to a fan header on the motherboard or a 4pin molex from the psu

G

Would you also happen to know how to reduce the noise level? I have a coolermaster 212 evo inside the system.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Would you also happen to know how to reduce the noise level? I have a coolermaster 212 evo inside the system.
is it the fan on the 212 evo that is running too fast and noisey,do you have any software that come with your motherboard to control fan speeds? i have a asrock motherboard and this has software so i can reduce the fan speed on the cpu cooler to make it quiet at idle,when the temps increase,the fan also increases,with this i can also control the speed of the case fans

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hey.. first of all.. thanks for the help so far.. this might sound stupid.. but i didn't buy a optical drive.. i am very eager to install the driver for my gigabyte z77x-d3h.. but i am not sure which one i have to download.. there are so many here.. http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4144#dl

thanks again
you are very welcome, you will need an optical drive for sure,in regards to the drivers for your motherboard,i would generally download the more important drivers,e.g....AUDIO..CHIPSET..LAN.. drivers on the link page,be sure to choose the correct windows version for your system before you download them,,i am not an expert on this subject,but when i install the drivers from a disc for my motherboard i installed all the drivers and removed a few later that i did not need,i found this worked fine for me,there is also a motherboard forum on this site for further info if you need this,i will check this post later today,good luck

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4144#dl

G

Thanks.. I think i can manage.. One last question.. I installed my windows 7 with a usb stick.. but now if a usb is plugged in.. for example my wifi adapter.. when the computer starts it is stuck in the bios. how can i change this? so that it starts straight with the ssd and forgets the usb is in until it comes to the windows main page..

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Thanks.. I think i can manage.. One last question.. I installed my windows 7 with a usb stick.. but now if a usb is plugged in.. for example my wifi adapter.. when the computer starts it is stuck in the bios. how can i change this? so that it starts straight with the ssd and forgets the usb is in until it comes to the windows main page..
i beleive you need to go to the bios and set your ssd drive as the boot drive,and save the changes, now it probably still has the usb set as the boot drive(the drive that has windows installed)then restart the pc and it should be ok

G

I tried that.. But it still is doing that.. any other ideas?

G

Hey! I figured it out. Was cause I didn't install the usb 3.0 drivers.. but now it works fine.. thanks again! I am making the gigabyte mother board dvd into an iso image and hopefully this way i can install the mother board drivers.. and application to reduce the fan noise.. thanks again.. you were a lot of help

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hey! I figured it out. Was cause I didn't install the usb 3.0 drivers.. but now it works fine.. thanks again! I am making the gigabyte mother board dvd into an iso image and hopefully this way i can install the mother board drivers.. and application to reduce the fan noise.. thanks again.. you were a lot of help
thats great,im happy to help,remember you can always download the drivers if you need to...!!

G

I know. But I am not sure which one exactly... so i think its better for me to just use the CD as it will be more noob friendly.. :p