No signal from Asus GTX 560 (non ti)

Jonesy1499

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

I bought an Asus ENGTX560 DC/2DI/1GD5 card a few days ago.

However, the monitor doesn't receive any signal from it! The fan spins alright, but the screen is blank.

I've tried hooking it up to a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW, an old VGA monitor, and a TV via HDMI, all with the same result.

Has anybody heard of similar problems with this card, or have any suggestions about what could be causing this?

I should mention that I have connected both pci-e power cables, and that the card seems to be properly seated (only I had to force it a bit to get the screw holes aligned).

Some theories:

1) Could it be a compatibility issue between the Abit ip-35 e (from 2007, bios never flashed) with its pci x16 slot, and the pci 2.0 card?

2) I've had problems with an other video card (GF8800) constantly crashing, and it's been suggested that the PSU could be faulty. But could that cause the 560GTX to not output any signal at all?

Could it be some other hardware incompatibility (as you can see in my sig, my PC is 4 years old).

At first I thought the problem was that I had used a DVI-i single link cable to connect to the monitor, and not a dual link cable. But seeing how the TV and VGA monitor didn't receive any signal either, this seems unlikely.

Anyway, I would very much appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks.

Jonesy1499

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
Hm, no signature, but here are my specs:

Abit IP35-E
Intel Q6600 g0 CPU
Antec Nine Hundred Case
Corsair 620HX-EU PSU
4x1 GB DDR2-800 Kingston Value Ram (KVR800D2N5K2/2G)
2 x Hitachi Deskstar + 1 Samsung Spinpoint HDD
1 x Sata DVD (Asus)
1 x Inno3d Geforce 7600 GS GPU