Sign in with
Your question

Honorable Mention is actually Gold Place holder

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 2, 2012 12:00:52 AM

I want everyone out there to know the truth rather than read the "Best Gaming CPU for the Money: May 2012" article and walk away misinformed or rather, uninformed.

The i5-3570k is THE best cpu for the money. Clock speeds aside there is one particular issue that the writer for Tom's Hardware fail to mention over and over again. This chip comes with a gpu, wait, that is covered right?? Well what is never mentioned is that first, if you are building a gaming rig it is automatically assumed you will also purchase a discrete video card. This is where TH drops the ball, they assume if you buy a DVC you will not be utilizing the iGPU. That is wrong.

Almost all z77 motherboards come with a new feature called Lucid Virtu MVP. This allows you to enable both the DVC and iGPU to increase the performance of both. Think AMD Hybrid Crossfire except with current high end cards and cpu's.

Hope that helps to inform the masses.

a c 186 à CPUs
June 2, 2012 12:39:17 AM

i5-2500k > i5-3570K in gaming.
m
l
June 2, 2012 1:39:50 AM

rolli59 said:
HD graphics is nothing to yell home about and will not improve performance of high end cards at all! Their strong part is quick sync for encoding and that is it. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i5-3570-low-po...

Sorry but you are incorrect. As an owner of a 560ti and 3570k, arkahm city average without Lucid 45 fps max settings. With Lucid 60 fps, please perform actual tests. Your link is also irrelevant since it features igpu vs dvc not igpu + dvc.
m
l
June 2, 2012 1:41:56 AM

amuffin said:
i5-2500k > i5-3570K in gaming.

Perhaps, but the 2500k igpu only supports direct x 9, while the 3570k supports dx11. With Lucid enabled the latter walks away with better fps. I've also recieved higher 3dmark scores than any other 2500k and 560ti( greater or equal) posted ratings.
m
l
!